PDA

View Full Version : need help with wall build 4 15's in SUV

MmatsproRodeo99
06-05-2008, 11:20 AM
So Im wanting to start my wall in my Rodeo, Equipment used will be 4 08' Mmats Dreadnauts 2+2 ohm, they are 1500 watts RMS, for the power I will be using 2 Hifonics Brutus 2000 RMS's. For Batteries I have Optima up front with 1 stand of 2ga feeding a Kinetik 2400. I want to keep my back seat and fill the cargo area with the box the dimensions I have to work with is 40" W x 36"H x 24"D. So I understand the whole concept of the forward firing wall... But what is the process to get the perfect shape around the side panels and the headliner, to seal it off? I have seen people use cardboard to get the shape off the roof and stuff and transfer to MDF is this the easiest way? also once the wall is done, I wanna mount a 26" LCD monitor in the back facing out, I will have about 5-7" from the back of the wall to the trim plate I wanna mount my screen and a few set ofs 6.5s is there something I should use between the box and the baffle for the screen? to stop vibration ( dynamat, foam padding). thanx for any help it will be greatly apprecaited! anyone ever play with the dreads? im hoping for good results with more power. I hit a 152.8 on the TL with 2 of them and 2K watts. id like to burp a 160 LOL!!

alxmlr789
06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
So Im wanting to start my wall in my Rodeo, Equipment used will be 4 08' Mmats Dreadnauts 2+2 ohm, they are 1500 watts RMS, for the power I will be using 2 Hifonics Brutus 2000 RMS's. For Batteries I have Optima up front with 1 stand of 2ga feeding a Kinetik 2400. I want to keep my back seat and fill the cargo area with the box the dimensions I have to work with is 40" W x 36"H x 24"D. So I understand the whole concept of the forward firing wall... But what is the process to get the perfect shape around the side panels and the headliner, to seal it off? I have seen people use cardboard to get the shape off the roof and stuff and transfer to MDF is this the easiest way? also once the wall is done, I wanna mount a 26" LCD monitor in the back facing out, I will have about 5-7" from the back of the wall to the trim plate I wanna mount my screen and a few set ofs 6.5s is there something I should use between the box and the baffle for the screen? to stop vibration ( dynamat, foam padding). thanx for any help it will be greatly apprecaited! anyone ever play with the dreads? im hoping for good results with more power. I hit a 152.8 on the TL with 2 of them and 2K watts. id like to burp a 160 LOL!!

Sounds good. 160db is a tough number to reach.. I wouldn't count on it.

hemi=22s
06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
a. pics
b. not enough power did u already get the amps

MmatsproRodeo99
06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
well the final project is gonna consist of 4 of the BXI2006d's 2K on each sub with the amp rack mounted on the tail gate. what would u like pics of?

MmatsproRodeo99
06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
and yes I already have 2 of the amps, and to be honest I am very impressed with the hifonics amps, I have used a few other 1500-2K watts RMS on my set up and not alot of difference.