PDA

View Full Version : need help with a wall

MMATS COMP
05-26-2003, 10:37 PM
OK I am going to build a wall for 4 shocker ss 15s should I make 4 different boxes each ported or just one big box with hell of a port and is there such a thing as to big of a box? I was thinking 5 ft³ for each sub so thats not that big. I am up in the air on the tuning also I was thinking 45??

ss3079
05-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Make one big box....one huge box lol.

LOTS of port.

Too big of a box? Yes...there is.

- Steve

paikiah
05-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MMATS COMP
OK I am going to build a wall for 4 shocker ss 15s should I make 4 different boxes each ported or just one big box with hell of a port and is there such a thing as to big of a box? I was thinking 5 ft?for each sub so thats not that big. I am up in the air on the tuning also I was thinking 45??

I've always had the notion that big SPL numbers could be had with huge boxes and one port so large that it can swallow little people. I also think that the tuning frequency would depend on what resonance your cabin will produce after the wall is in place.

MMATS COMP
05-26-2003, 10:46 PM
I dont care about any comp titles or any thing I just want to be the loudest in my little town:D but it would be nice if I could pull in to the local comps and pull some big #s I just want to hit that 150 mark thats when I stop spending all of my $ on this car audio stuff

MMATS COMP
05-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by paikiah
I've always had the notion that big SPL numbers could be had with huge boxes and one port so large that it can swallow little people. I also think that the tuning frequency would depend on what resonance your cabin will produce after the wall is in place.

I also think that the tuning frequency would depend on what resonance your cabin will produce after the wall is in place

how would I go about finding that?

paikiah
05-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MMATS COMP
I also think that the tuning frequency would depend on what resonance your cabin will produce after the wall is in place

how would I go about finding that?

They way I'm thinking of right now would be too time consuming and will waste a perfectly good MDF board.

It might be a better option to get the help of bigbassman (Loyd) who seem to build these things for fun. :)