PDA

View Full Version : rainbow cmx and germaniums

siacarman
06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
ok so i have a 1999 celica gt...i have the rainbow germaniums and the cmx kicks..both are complete sets tweets crossovers drivers ect..so my question or discussion is what would you run for the fronts and what would you run for the rears..i have no dynomat on the doors buut the rears are in there own enclosurte that is sealed completely..so i was thinking about putting the germaniums in the front and the kicks in the rear...and also do you think the rockford power t4004 would be enough power for both sets or would someone recommend me a bad azz amp for both sets or components...or should i run them active....i just wanna get the best sounding front stage out of my speakers...

thanks marck

bose301s
06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
You don't need rears, ruins the soundstage.

siacarman
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
well ihave both stes might as well use them...and i love rear fill

bose301s
06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
well ihave both stes might as well use them...and i love rear fill

Sell one and make some money.

Carbon
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Sell one and make some money.

:confused::confused::confused:

siacarman
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
thats not the help i was looking for...but thanks anyways

DejaWiz
06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
CMX up front. Sell the Germs and get some sound deadener.

Beerdrnkr
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I say Germs up front and cmx's in the rear. You can also sell the cmx's and get sound deadening or try a 3way soundstage.

DejaWiz
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I say Germs up front and cmx's in the rear. You can also sell the cmx's and get sound deadening or try a 3way soundstage.

I was thinking further on this.... Germs in the front and CMX mids (no tweets) in the rear.

siacarman
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
how would i do the 3 way soundstage? could i use one set of crossovers and run 2 mids off of on woofer output

bose301s
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
how would i do the 3 way soundstage? could i use one set of crossovers and run 2 mids off of on woofer output

No, it would change the impedence enough that it would cause problems.

siacarman
06-05-2008, 12:12 PM
run the rears off the raer channel of my amp...well the 2 cmx ..and use the frint channels on the germaniums...or should i use the germaniums up front and buy a set or rainbow 2way speakers for rear fill..

DejaWiz
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Why not just try front stage + sub stage only for a while? Get it dialed in and blended to what sounds best to your ears, keep it that way for a few months, then make the determination if you still need/want rear fill.

That way, you can try out both the CMX and the Germs as a front stage to see which are best for you.

siacarman
06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
well i have the cmx in right now...i do not think they are as loud as what my csl's were...so i bought the cmx kicks...love the tweet...but i prefer more vocals...so i am putting the germaniums in this weekend...up front...i like the idea of the cmx kicks in the rear with no tweets..that might be a good mix...

Beerdrnkr
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
well i have the cmx in right now...i do not think they are as loud as what my csl's were...so i bought the cmx kicks...love the tweet...but i prefer more vocals...so i am putting the germaniums in this weekend...up front...i like the idea of the cmx kicks in the rear with no tweets..that might be a good mix...

Let me know how you like those germs. Once you have a little more processing power and knowledge on a 3way + sub, you can probably put those cmx's to use. I've read a few good things about there midbass. By the way, sound deaden the crap out of your doors, it'll make a big difference no matter what mids you go with.