PDA

View Full Version : Need help, CDT HD-62

mpt947
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I purchased some CDT HD-62's probably 2 years ago, and absolutely loved them. However, the shop that installed them for me must have done a ****** job, as the tweeter fell out of the door, and when a friend of mine closed the door it actually cut the tweeter cable. I need some new tweeters that will go good with the CDT HD-62's. Also, being that i dont have the expertise to install or the time, whats an average cost to get tweeters installed to existing components and amp already set up?

blazeplacid
06-04-2008, 04:06 PM
it might be semi expensive (100 bucks or so) for them to run the wire that was cut

to minimize cost and issues you might wanna find out what size tweet they were so the new ones can drop in easy

dftnz7
06-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Why would you need new tweeters? Just splice the cable...

Find someone who can help you get the door panel off, this is not difficult most of the time, and splice it where it was cut, and use some adhesive of some kind to hold the tweeter in place.

mpt947
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM
when the tweeter cable was cut the tweeter itself fell outside of the car and was lost. I was driving with my girlfriend who hated loud music so most of the time i drove her i left it off, so i didnt even notice the tweeter was gone and she was too stupid to know anything was wrong

PaulD
06-09-2008, 01:19 AM
sounds like you need a new g/f :D