PDA

View Full Version : alarm installation?

joshpoints
05-26-2003, 08:15 PM
I asked a question about alarms a while ago, but now that I have looked at them on ebay I have some more detailed questions. I'm looking at the crimestopper cs-2015FMTW1, Hornet 554T lcd, Black widow 7150lcd, Compustar 2wss-as. All of these alarms have lcd 2 way pagers, which is what I want. My question is I currently have a 1997 saturn sl2, with no security system hooked up. How do I wire the alarm system in? Do I just Install the pin sensors in each door the hood and the trunk? THe only features that I'm looking for is the 2 way pager and remote door lock and unlock and trunk release (my trunk currently does not open with a remote, but the selenoid or whatever unlatches the trunk is electric because it will not open with the release inside the car unless the battery is hooked up, so it's not just a cable). I have power door locks, but no remote unlock. I want an alarm that has a lot of range. My classes at school are probably around a 1/4 mile away at the most, but up to 1/2 mile would be nice. I will not be hooking up the remote start, remote heater turnon and all that stuff. I plan on installing it myself, so I would like one that has good instructions. Your time and help is appreciated.

joshpoints
06-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by joshpoints
I asked a question about alarms a while ago, but now that I have looked at them on ebay I have some more detailed questions. I'm looking at the crimestopper cs-2015FMTW1, Hornet 554T lcd, Black widow 7150lcd, Compustar 2wss-as. All of these alarms have lcd 2 way pagers, which is what I want. My question is I currently have a 1997 saturn sl2, with no security system hooked up. How do I wire the alarm system in? Do I just Install the pin sensors in each door the hood and the trunk? THe only features that I'm looking for is the 2 way pager and remote door lock and unlock and trunk release (my trunk currently does not open with a remote, but the selenoid or whatever unlatches the trunk is electric because it will not open with the release inside the car unless the battery is hooked up, so it's not just a cable). I have power door locks, but no remote unlock. I want an alarm that has a lot of range. My classes at school are probably around a 1/4 mile away at the most, but up to 1/2 mile would be nice. I will not be hooking up the remote start, remote heater turnon and all that stuff. I plan on installing it myself, so I would like one that has good instructions. Your time and help is appreciated.