PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Amperage (has my money and my alternator)

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 12:44 AM
If this is the wrong place, please move it.

The purpose of this thread is to see if anyone is in this same situation with Nate, and also to publicly track what is going to happen in my situation. Will I receive my money back, or my alternator? Nate says I've "wasted enough" of his time, and has called it quits on me. I can't seem to post my dealings with him on his own forum because he deletes everything.

I've had some problems with Nate (the owner) from Excessive Amperage. Since he wouldn't answer his phone, or return my voicemails, I decided to post on his forum at Realm Of Excursion.

I first posted in another thread created by mobeious (since calling his business phone didn't do anything), and stated I was having the same problems he was. That thread is located here (http://realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51125). My posts were quickly deleted by Nate. Mobeious is having about the same trouble I am with Nate as well from what I gather. He's been sent two non-working alternators. Nate has both of his alternators and his money.

I then created my own thread since Nate deleted my posts in another, which is located here (http://realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51680). Well this thread goes on for pages, and everyone keeps throwing in there two cents. On the backside, I've been PM'ing Nate asking what should I do etc etc, and that I'm tired of dealing with his broken products and I don't know what else to do. He simply tells me to send it back, and doesn't offer any help on the shipping, labor, thanks for my loyalty or anything. I end up shipping the alternator back to Nate (again) and I go to his forum tonight to find out he closed the thread, deleted lots of posts and decided my time was up, and I've wasted his time. He posted the following:

Locking this thread as I dont have time to keep going back and forth on this with you. Fed Ex, UPS and USPS ran today and still not alt. I have done what I can to try and help you with this - wasted enough time on here already.

I sent him a PM today explaining my alternator arrives at his address tomorrow according to FedEx, but evidently I'm to late and i have not received a response from him, I only found my thread locked, and my posts deleted.

How does Nate really feel about me? Take a look at this quote.

a good guy, I met him in person and I have nothing against him. I am willing to resolve the issue how ever I can. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night knowing that you were pissed at me about this,

So is Nate a liar or am I crazy?

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 12:48 AM
I started a new thread on his forum here (http://realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53036)

JL Audio
06-04-2008, 01:17 AM
he seems like a great guy to me, recently purchased and alt off him for my celica. I hope the matter gets cleared up for you bro. I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me so :( I feel for ya.

eh69cmaro
06-04-2008, 01:21 AM
im about to order an alternator off him, im beginning to have second thoughts...

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Some people on FloridaSPL having trouble with Excessive Amperage also.

http://floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547&page=5

Ali1
06-04-2008, 10:50 AM
you already know my story

sandbags
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
i traded a working amp for an alt that never worked never got resolved

Ali1
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
what amp?

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
you already know my story

It was only posted for a few minutes, Excessive Amperage deleted it. :crap:

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Delivered: 06/04/2008 12:58 PM ; Cowarts, AL; Left at front door.

Ali1
06-04-2008, 04:37 PM
okay, here we go....

Let me chime in since I've experienced with nathan and his alternators and been in the same position as kickinaudio. I've had the EXACT issue such as kickinaudio. I realized that more and more individuals are having the same issue with these alts. My first alternator wasn't charging past 11.8 at idle. At 1000 RPM, the below picture will show you what it did.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/ali3596/ALTREADING001.jpg

At 2000 RPM, this is what it gave me:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/ali3596/alternator2.jpg

I returned it back to him, he claimed he fixed it. Got it back within a week. Installed it, and i get the same results. Shipped it back to him. He claimed he fixed it again, i got it back, same results. After three times, i demanded a refund plus shipping charges for everytime i sent it back to him. I need a new alternator as of today, but it seems like nobody can make an alternator nowadays. Every single company seems to have 50% good reveiws/50% DOAs or didn't last long. With that said, i could understand kickinaudio's frustration because if you do a search and find my thread, its the same scenario. At first, it thought it was my vehicle. But after carefully isolating each part of vehicle to find out an issue, i realized that it wasn't my vehicle. I dropped in my HO 160amp alternator and this is the results it gave me at idle :

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/ali3596/stock.jpg

Last but not least, My other alternator gave me far more output than the 200amp from EA.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/ali3596/alt160001.jpg

Nathan was a kind person and issued me by refund, but its obvious that there is a known problem with these alternators. While some show this particular issue and others are free from this issue, it must be a particular part that is characterizing this scenario.....

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Delivered: 06/04/2008 12:58 PM ; Cowarts, AL; Left at front door.

Nate e-mailed me with this..

I will see if the alternator is at the shop tomorrow when I get there. I hope you had it insured as there are a lot of kids that hang around there.

So it's now my fault that I got the alternator delivered to him within his own business hours.

Qbenjamin
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Nate e-mailed me with this..

So it's now my fault that I got the alternator delivered to him within his own business hours.

That sux, Nate is usually an OK guy. I chose not to deal with him or his alts, due to him trying to charge me MORE in a group buy than what he was originally asking without the group buy.

kickinaudio
06-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Nate denied me a refund.

He refunded a friend of mine today though.

Ali1
06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure he's going broke because everyone on the forums have been demanding refunds

Ali1
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
That sux, Nate is usually an OK guy. I chose not to deal with him or his alts, due to him trying to charge me MORE in a group buy than what he was originally asking without the group buy.

similar situation here

Qbenjamin
06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
similar situation here

Maybe he was charging extra because I asked him about 100 questions :hide: ?

hrtbrk1
06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
wow i almost bought from him...

Ali1
06-04-2008, 11:18 PM
he told me himself that he didn't have a machine that determines the amperage per cycle in the alternator. With that said, he is just guessing/estimating how much it does at idle based off typical math calculations. He said he hopes to have a machine in the future, but at the moment they are very expensive.

didn't wanna ruin his rep, but he deleted my post on ROE as if i said something wrong.

kickinaudio
06-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Nate and I have worked out an agreement. Hopefully once resolved we'll both have benefited. We'll see how this turns out...

kickinaudio
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I did finally receive my alternator back (sigh... again). It looks totally rebuilt just like Nate told me.

I first brought it to a local alternator/starter shop in town to have it bench tested. The test resulted around 120amps peak which isn't that much, but is better than stock I guess. :rolleyes: I hope it will hold up once I install amplifiers etc.

I installed the alternator a few weeks ago and have been monitoring the voltage pretty closely. It does make slightly better voltage at idle and overall than my stock alternator. The local shop here told me I could get it tested again now that it's installed on the car. Nate told me this shop may not have the most precious testing machine/method.

I was never reimbursed for any of the shipping, mechanics paid, time wasted. Although Nate did ask for my PayPal address a long time ago.

Ali1
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
that *****, i was reimbursed for mechanics, shipping 3 times,and the alternator

bumpin buick
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
bummer, ive never had an issue and have had a few alts from him. Sorry to hear about that guys, seems like a hit or miss with any company now adays

WhoSayWho?
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
So, is this the guy from Alabama?

Ali1
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
yes

gotparts90
07-17-2008, 06:40 PM
im about to order an alternator off him, im beginning to have second thoughts...

there is a good place by ohare that rebuilds high out put, i see you are in the joliet so not to far

chaunb3400
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
So, is this the guy from Alabama?

:crazy::crazy:

andrew2944r
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Well I bought an EA Alt from a memeber here and when I got it.....DEAD

The alt was only 2 months old and had never been installed, I talked to Nate and

he exchanged this Alt for a New one, will ship out this comming Monday.

Good guy IMO!! :D

hemi=22s
07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
too many probs with his items even if it has good customer service i'm gonna try mechman for mine guy knows his stuff and powermaster referred them to me for my needs said he could better address them and he is very competitvely.
I'm grabbing one for my blazer soon and do a review on it see what it does

Lugnutzk
07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Nate got me for $350. In fact, he was suppose to have his lawyers contact me. :crap:

Ali1
07-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Like i said several times, nathan does have communication, but can't build an alternator if his life depended on it.....

bass-aholic
07-18-2008, 09:15 PM
wow i sure freakin am glad i never jumped on that bandwagon. and everyone said motor city reman alts were complete garbage but yet my 250amp alt has never had a problem and idles at nearly 15.

Trez0r
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Hmm, just bought one from him yesterday. See how it goes.

BigJoker
07-19-2008, 04:02 AM
wow i sure freakin am glad i never jumped on that bandwagon. and everyone said motor city reman alts were complete garbage but yet my 250amp alt has never had a problem and idles at nearly 15.

motor city reman is garbaged.

hazardous0388
07-19-2008, 04:14 AM
with everything i hear about these Alt only companies...im thinking about only buying power master...

bass-aholic
07-19-2008, 04:17 AM
motor city reman is garbaged.

lol thats why they work great? and you cant even spell???

fail!

BigJoker
07-19-2008, 05:25 AM
lol thats why they work great? and you cant even spell???

fail!

wrong. i had brought 2 of them. one for a 93 tbird and one for 93 caprice. both of them ****. factory alts were better.

and what did i spell wrong feg? i copy from your post. so if anything you FAILED.

DDeitz
07-19-2008, 05:44 AM
with everything i hear about these Alt only companies...im thinking about only buying power master...

havnt herd much bad about ohio gen either.

Glock23
08-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Im NOT SURE what to do I just sent Nate money before I read this post (a check) I've asked around and the ONLY other people to sell an alt to me would be ohio gen or Iraggi

WTF do I do?

I might be able to get a stinger but it's like $500 :(

snoopdan
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I saw Dominic Irragi working on a broke EA alternator once. I lol'ed.

Rashaddd
08-09-2008, 01:35 PM

:laugh:

MikeyB
08-09-2008, 02:02 PM

lawl :rotflol:

THANK GOD my Iraggi alt has held up so far :emb:

andrew2944r
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I bought an alt here 2 months ago from a member of this forum and the alt was doa on arrival and it was an EA, I called nate and he replaced this alt, brand spanking new, only thing it cost me was shipping to him. He just asked me who the original purchasee was. My Iraggi burned up 3 weeks ago and Dom fixed it for free only cost me shipping to him as well, both are 300 amp Alts. I have had nothing but good service from either company.

mobeious
08-09-2008, 02:33 PM
i got my supposed 300a and it did like 12.2 at idle so i called him and he sent me a new one and same ****.. so i went and had it tested and it did 150amps not 300 he did give me a refund but didnt do anything for the machanics fees

2000LaDe
08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
i just purchased a 250 amp 15v alternator from mechman alternators for 349 shipped. i have used Iraggi for the past couple years without any issues but i figured i would give mechman a chance. they have supposibly been in business for 20+ years but just brought thier business online for sales too.

i have a friend that has had 0 luck with OG. Gus even brought him the alternator in person and for some reason everytime he hooked it up it burnt up. then he would put his stock alt in and it would work fine.

so i think its a hit or miss business.

MECHMAN
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Hopefully, we can keep our reputation to just "hits" and no "misses"
LOL.

And you should have your alt today, LaDe.

Ali1
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Seeing as how Iraggi and EA have fvcked up their reputation on more than one occasion, mechman this is an opportunity for you to learn from THEIR mistakes.

Nonetheless, I may be interested in an alt from you. PM sent

MECHMAN
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
PM replied. No matter what other people do, customer service has always been our top priority. I doubt very much that you will find anyone complaining about our customer service.

lilmaniac2
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
PM replied. No matter what other people do, customer service has always been our top priority. I doubt very much that you will find anyone complaining about our customer service.

glad to see you taking an interest in the forum, this is a large market and if your product is good and you support the forum and stay active you can end up with a cult like following that is great for business. Take sundown audio for example :)

Lugnutzk
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
glad to see you taking an interest in the forum, this is a large market and if your product is good and you support the forum and stay active you can end up with a cult like following that is great for business. Take sundown audio for example :)

Nate on the other hand disappeared from this forum after his last group buy on here was a disaster.

MECHMAN
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
It can be tough juggling getting the product out the door, and allowing time to take care of your customers. No body is perfect, but I've found that if you own up to mistakes, and take care of the customer, everyone is happy in the end.

Ali1
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
payment sent