PDA

View Full Version : changing intake

its_a_sleeper
06-03-2008, 04:21 AM
i have a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd manual tranny. i have a factory intake but it is huge. i wanna have the intake taken out of the fender and run the filer wide open like i see in numerous pics. my mass air flow censor is in the filter so will this affect anything or what can i do..... help

19psi
06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
check out www.dejonpowerhouse.com they make good itnake pipes. you need to keep that mass air in there though one way or another. i wouldn't worry too much about getting cold air to it, it will just get heated up the by the turbo anyway. upgrade the intercooler instead.

86svo
06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
i have a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd manual tranny. i have a factory intake but it is huge. i wanna have the intake taken out of the fender and run the filer wide open like i see in numerous pics. my mass air flow censor is in the filter so will this affect anything or what can i do..... help

Are you saying you want to run it without an air filter???? BAAAAAAAD idea if that's what you're thinking of.

Put a 9" long K&N cone filter on there and call it good, you'll never be able to outflow that large K&N filter unless you're pushing over 500 ponies to the wheels.

And yes, you have to keep the Mass Air in there unless you go with a complete stand alone computer management system where you can ditch the mass air. The mass air works in conjunction with the Bank 1 o2 sensor telling the computer how much fuel it should be adding to the car....a very vital part.

liftedcj7on44s
06-05-2008, 02:34 PM
on the dms you have to keep the mass air meter in the original location. But there is another route. Get a MAF off a GM like a SS impala or something along those line. Then you can run the MAF up on the charge pipe going to the throttle body.

Essentially this is what you need my friend...

The GM MAF, Translator, Piping, Couplers, Clamps and Time...

there are numerous kits available for the MAF swap...and you get improved Upper Intercooler Pipes...Dejon Tool makes a BEAUTIFUL kit...I have included a link to the page...Blow-Thru Set-up...there are numerous other options out there...but you can also take a pic of the set-up and get someone local to build you the kits...

I am assuming you have a datalogger of some sort to tell you whats goin on in your 4G63, just to be on the safe side...you may also require an AFC or some sort of piggy-back to fine tune areas, the Translators misses...

its_a_sleeper
06-17-2008, 02:56 AM
thanks or the help... and no i am not looking to run no filter. i just dont want all the weird housing under my hood. i wanna show everything off.

Tehgregzor
06-17-2008, 04:55 AM
pics? FTW :)

dumple
06-17-2008, 05:00 AM
uh u drive a dsm im jealous check out dsmtuners.com

i had 92 gsx

dumple
06-17-2008, 05:02 AM
dsm link is also a nice thing to have

mazdakid
06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
i have a 1g maf-t complete setup if you're interested.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9134/img0835ww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

its_a_sleeper
06-18-2008, 12:39 AM
mazda.... pm me the directions to install this and what all i would need and then we can discuss a sale.... thanks

its_a_sleeper
06-18-2008, 12:42 AM
pics? FTW :)

pics of what?