PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of my CDT CL-61 installation in progress

Tungsten
05-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Click For Pics (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tungsten/stereo/tweeters/index.html)

I am in the process of removing my Kicker K57.2 components and installing the CDT CL-61a components that I purchased a few weeks ago. These pictures show how I am re-using the stock Ford Mustang / Mach460 audio system tweeter pods to mount the CDT tweeters for a "stealth" appearance.

Please forgive the dust and fingerprints on the car. :rolleyes: It's been raining non-stop here lately and I just haven't had the time or the inclination to detail the car to the level of cleanliness that I prefer. Besides which, who in their right mind details a car for pictures of work in progress? :D

Anyway... now it is time to start mounting the 6.5" speakers in the 6x8 adapter plates that I fabricated out of 3/4" MDF. Will post pics of that later.

ss3079
05-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Looks good thus far:) Keep us informed on the rest of the install.

- Steve

Tungsten
05-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Will do. I ended up fabricating the mounting plates for the speakers today and called it quits afterward. Still have the Kicker K57.2 speakers mounted as "coaxials" in the OEM positions.

Hope to finish up the conversion to the CDT speakers some night this week. I just ran out of energy and felt like doing other things instead today, so I put that part on hold. :)