PDA

View Full Version : component vs coaxil

jonjon12
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
umm i dont get wat to get im want to spend around 300 dollars on changing all 4 of my door speakers but if i get component speakers wouldnt it be better to amp them? or would they sound alright running of my head unit?

thaster
06-02-2008, 11:58 PM
go with component for front and amp it. leave the back speakers stock or no rearfill

jonjon12
06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
no rearfill? im guessing leave it with out speakers? what if i put components in the front and some decent speakers in the back

thaster
06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
no rearfill? im guessing leave it with out speakers? what if i put components in the front and some decent speakers in the back

if you got extra money, that'll be fine but i would rather spend that extra money towards a a nice component system and sound deadener.

jonjon12
06-03-2008, 12:09 AM
like dynamat for the doors?

thaster
06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
like dynamat for the doors?

yea

JDBoogie
06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Definitly go for the best components u can get for your budget for front stage and just leave the factory spkrs in the rear running off deck pwr. Sound deadning will vastly improve the sound quality of whatever u have or put in any location (even makes the stock stuff sound better). If u eventually decide to upgrade u can do it in steps. U could go active on whatever u choose up front then maybe move the front comps to the rear and put something better up front.

neonblack
06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Separating tweeters and mids (components) is supposed to be better sound quality than a coaxial setup. And don't mix speaker makes. Staying with the same make (and type) all around will give you a better chance of having consistent sound.

Lil Poot
06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Separating tweeters and mids (components) is supposed to be better sound quality than a coaxial setup. And don't mix speaker makes. Staying with the same make (and type) all around will give you a better chance of having consistent sound.

really? i've heard plenty of mixed and matched setups that would **** all over the best setup you've ever heard.

SethPhillips
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
comps in front coaxils in rear.. if need be..

i have comps up front off of a 400x2, coaxils in the rear ran of the headunit..