PDA

View Full Version : RE Audio box calculator

carguy6702
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
have any of you used it? what did you think? how accurate is it?

ninobrn99
06-03-2008, 05:10 AM
it doesnt account for multiple drivers. thats the only thing I dont like about it. otherwise, I would've built my own!

basshedz06
06-03-2008, 08:03 AM
all the boxes i have designed and built has been from the help of the re box calculator. i have built boxes for 2 10's 12's and for one 15 and several for one sub set ups for as multiple sub set up u have to know what cubic space u want. for example like in my car, one of my box for my 2 12's is 3cuft so i know that box would have to be at least 34 or 35 in long side to side and 15 deep and 16 high, so really all re done was just calculate the port for me and i played around with that just trying different tuning possiablities. its totally up to you man but every box i built and tuned too has worked for me . good luck and happy building

supadave

PV Audio
06-03-2008, 10:35 AM
None of the online calculators are accurate in the least.

Mr Cabinetry
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
RE's calculator is just fine if your not overly concerned (**** ) about the enclosure design as to what the port size is vs port tuning.

RE's calculator make's the port longer to adjust for the end correction factor ( Half the centerline width of the port is added to the end of the port ) and if you compare RE's calculations to any other enclosure design calculator, the results will not be the same.

An contrary to PV statement " None of the online calculators are accurate in the least. "
is not that none of them are accurate, they only only accurate to the degree of which what information is required ( input ) to calculate the end result of the design in which it code was written to perform it.

So, regardless of what calculator is used, there are going to be discrepancies from one to the next, comparing one to the other is a waste of time, just use one that you want use go for it, the minor differences are not going to amount to squat for your a daily banger.

And if your calculating for an SPL/ Comp enclosure, that won't matter either because the first time " meter it " given what you think it will hit at ( dB and freq wise ) based on what you " designed it at " rarely is the case it will.

Phil
Woodlawn Cabinetry