PDA

View Full Version : new speakers, what a difference

reid1boys
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I just installed some PG rsd 6.5 components in my truck and what a difference. I had some piece of crap 4inch 2ways in the doors powered by a zapco reference 150 and I hated it.

When using the components I added a coustic amp 260 to run the mids and use the zapco on the tweeters. The difference is amazing. I feel like I have a real system again. Amazing how a 100 dollar set of speakers can change the entire sound of a system.

Never again will I use 2 ways. Components are the only way to go for me.

blazeplacid
06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I just installed some PG rsd 6.5 components in my truck and what a difference. I had some piece of crap 4inch 2ways in the doors powered by a zapco reference 150 and I hated it.

you should invest in some even higher up comps with that amp.

you will notice a differance

audiobahnuser18
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
component set's FTMFW:D.

dman4486
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM

^^^^then you can ship the rsd's to me:D

reid1boys
06-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I live in a small town, I drive about 8 minutes to work, so i dont get to spend that much time in the truck. These RSDs are just fine for my purposes. I will be making one more change this summer. I have a Zapco ref 750 running a single 12 inch DVC 4 ohm, which means it is running at 8ohms. The zapco pushes 750 watts bridged into 4 ohms. I am looking at an Alpine 12inch type R DVC 2 ohm.

Once I get the new sub, make a completely new box and redo the install on the amps and crossover I am done.

I am now 38 years old, married almost 20 years, 4 kids.... LOl. My days of constantly screwing around with a system are done.

The RSDs sound pretty **** good to me though. I am curious how they would have sounded had I used the passive crossovers, then used the electronic crossover to compare....oh well.

JCJetta
06-02-2008, 06:13 PM
It's a nice feeling to be satisfied by what you have. I'm pretty much to the point where my system is "good enough". Maybe some of that comes with age, I'm not sure.

Even still, the car audio bug's venom is potent - it's in your best interest not to listen to someone else's system that is considerably better than you own, lest you end up improving your system accordingly.

Having said that, the jump from coaxials to components is a huge one. And your 8 minute drive to work makes me jealous.

reid1boys
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I had components years ago, so I knew the coaxs ******.
Age and changing priorities will take care of that itch to constantly improve on a system.

Since you are envious of my 8 minute drive, i wont tell you that i am a teacher and am also off work until August 10th.

Oooops, i just told you:)

tcguy85
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM

nothing wrong with the rsd's.