PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my Acura install.... speaker ?

groundpound4200
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
So I am getting rid of the factory Bose system in my MDX and I was going to run my Focal Comps active off of my Sundown SAX100.4 for the front. In the rear there is a speaker in the rear doors but it is only a midrange with no tweeter. I was thinking of picking up a Sundown SAX100.2 and running some Boston pro 50 mids in the rear doors Bandpassed at about 100hz- 3khz.

So I guess my question is will this sound weird? I need mids and highs to keep up with 2 18s and an IA 40.1.

Would I be better off putting a set of coaxials back there maybe?

DejaWiz
06-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Just work with front speakers for now and ride like that for a few month. If you still need/want rear fill, go for some coaxs powered off the HU.

JDBoogie
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
U said that u are gutting the Bose system.. Does that include the HU also? The Bose system is 8 Ohms (i think), so if your keeping the HU.. Keep the rears running off the factory deck pwr. If your trashing the factory deck, do u care what your system will sound like to people in the 2nd row seats? If so, I would throw some coaxels back there and run them off the replacement HU pwr.