PDA

View Full Version : rs comps

20sloud
06-02-2008, 12:09 AM
im needing some help. im planning on getting 2 sets of the kicker rs 6.5 comps and running them off of the elemental designs nine.4 amp which is 4x65 @ 4 ohms and im wandering if its gonna power them right cause i was getting confused reading the forums about passive and active crossovers and any help with this is appreciated

reid1boys
06-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Passive crossovers are a crossover that comes with your speakers. The crossover point is predetermined which means you have no say so at where your frequencies are crossed at.

An active crossover has variable crossover points in which you can change the frequency that goes to your speakers.

I have just gotten back into car audio after a 10 year absence and i am amazed at why anyone still uses passive crossovers. Maybe I am just not informed enough on this subject to know the reasons, but I will never use passive crossovers.

You can get a cheap electronic crossover on ebay(under 50 bucks) and have total control over your system. They are SIMPLE to install, and easy to configure.

Your amp will have no problems powering those speakers.