PDA

View Full Version : Where should I mount my tweeters?

ninobrn99
05-31-2008, 01:21 AM
I have a 94 Jeep Cherokee. I have a set of CDT 61a t25. Right now the tweeter is mounted in the middle of the woofer. Ive been thinking that maybe I should mount them elsewhere. Where would you all suggest? The apillar is open, there is a spot right next to the door handle where the power lock switches would go if it had them from the factory, i could also drill a hole into the door as well.

Thoughts?

Pl8er
05-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Have you thought about making kicks?

thegreatestpenn
05-31-2008, 01:25 AM
a-pillar, DO IT NOW

ninobrn99
05-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Ive thought about kicks, but I cant afford them right now, nor do I have the time or tools to invest into learning to make my own :(
I know I want to be able to hear the woofers and the tweeter at the 'same time' but with moving them the tweets would get to my ears first, but I just feel that where they're at now, they're not sounding as good as they could. I'd rather get opinions before I just start messing around and removed the hot glue from where they are now and have to put them back.

customtronic
05-31-2008, 04:48 AM
The best thing to do is try them in a couple of different locations and see what sounds best. I would add a few feet of speaker wire to the tweeter (temporarily) and move them around. Use velcro or double-sided tape to hold them in place while you demo the various locations. Try the A-piller, tweeter pointed in a couple of different locations, top corner of the door panel, ect. Use some music that you are familiar with. If you have access to a good home system to use as a reference that would be great. Listen to a few different tracks with good vocals, male and female, some instrumental tracks, ect. See what images best and then install them there.

ninobrn99
05-31-2008, 04:54 AM
thanks