PDA

View Full Version : New Speakers For My Evo IX

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just got my new 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX a few months ago and now I am wanting to do some sound upgrades.

I'm not going to be putting subs in the car due to weight and rattling the car apart, but I am wanting to put some really nice speakers and a deck in.

So I called up Circuit City and asked them to verify what size speakers my car has. They said 6.5" and I believe thats right (if anyone else can confirm, please let me know).

Here are the two speakers I have picked out and I was wondering which ones you think are a better deal? They will both come out to about $300 for all four so price isn't a issue.

Alpine
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8222336&productCategoryId=abcat0302008&type=product&tab=2&id=1166840026861#productdetail

Polk
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Polk-db6501-6-5-2-Way-Component-System-with-External-Crossover-DB6501/sem/rpsm/oid/172446/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#prodspecs

Now I'm no pro in audio, which is why I came here to ask for your guys' insight, but I noticed that they both are 300 peak and 100 rms.

Now for the decks. I'm looking for something that mostly red to match my interior, but good as well. Here is the one I'm interested in:

Alpine CDA-9884
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699287&type=product&id=1199494645912

Here's a pic of my car and thanks in advance

http://www.evomods.net/myevo/evo18.jpg

mr_kebo
05-29-2008, 04:56 PM

dman4486
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just got my new 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX a few months ago and now I am wanting to do some sound upgrades.

I'm not going to be putting subs in the car due to weight and rattling the car apart, but I am wanting to put some really nice speakers and a deck in.

So I called up Circuit City and asked them to verify what size speakers my car has. They said 6.5" and I believe thats right (if anyone else can confirm, please let me know).

Here are the two speakers I have picked out and I was wondering which ones you think are a better deal? They will both come out to about $300 for all four so price isn't a issue.

Alpine
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8222336&productCategoryId=abcat0302008&type=product&tab=2&id=1166840026861#productdetail

Polk
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Polk-db6501-6-5-2-Way-Component-System-with-External-Crossover-DB6501/sem/rpsm/oid/172446/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#prodspecs

Now I'm no pro in audio, which is why I came here to ask for your guys' insight, but I noticed that they both are 300 peak and 100 rms.

Now for the decks. I'm looking for something that mostly red to match my interior, but good as well. Here is the one I'm interested in:

Alpine CDA-9884
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699287&type=product&id=1199494645912

1. don't ever go to BB or CC to get car audio products or advice.
2. if you want to put some money into audio, then get a good hu (alpine, pioneer...) , component speakers and an amp
3. welcome to the FORUMZ

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm going to be installing it all myself, so it really doesn't matter that I'm looking at BB or CC to get my stuff.

What's wrong with the speakers and deck that I'm looking at?

The amp is also something I will look at down the line. Just wanted to get started with speakers and the HU.

dman4486
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm going to be installing it all myself, so it really doesn't matter that I'm looking at BB or CC to get my stuff.

What's wrong with the speakers and deck that I'm looking at?

The amp is also something I will look at down the line. Just wanted to get started with speakers and the HU.

I guess my point is that you can get much better product for less than BB and CC's prices on what you chose.....

comps are much better at accurate audio reproduction

edit: if you don't do the amp now, then you would be better off sticking to stock until you can get it all at once because stock will more than likely sound better

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
So you don't like any of my selections above?

I really like Alpine and was wanting to go with them for the speakers and HU.

skydeaner
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
the polks walk all over those alpines, but neither are very good sounding speakers IMO. You need to broaden your perspectives, shop somewhere other than major retail outlets, whether it be a smaller local audio shop or the internet.

dman4486
05-29-2008, 05:21 PM
So you don't like any of my selections above?

I really like Alpine and was wanting to go with them for the speakers and HU.

the hu is fine, but look into comps instead of coax for the speakers....like the type r or x comps

check ebay for pg rsd6.5 comps

Colt9699
05-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice car!

A comp set and small amp will be far and away better than just upgrading to coaxials.

I like your choice of an Alpine hu, maybe get a set of alpine comps and a small alpine amp.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
What about these:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=17563

And anyone had any experience with this site?

Seems like a great price for Alpine Comps.

dman4486
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
What about these:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=17563

And anyone had any experience with this site?

Seems like a great price for Alpine Comps.

OCS has mixed reviews

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the compliment Colt!

dman4486
05-29-2008, 05:25 PM
why not the rsd's
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-6-5-240w-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-RSD65CS_W0QQitemZ350063638197QQihZ022QQcategoryZ32 819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

then you can afford an amp to run the comps

MSW Danny
05-29-2008, 05:27 PM
buy my hertz speakers. way better than your choices

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316654&highlight=hertz

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I was really wanting to get Alpine but I'll look into those.

Do I need to get two sets of components or what?

I need all four speakers for the front and back (6.5")

dman4486
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I was really wanting to get Alpine but I'll look into those.

Do I need to get two sets of components or what?

I need all four speakers for the front and back (6.5")

start with the front...amp and hu

mazzasec
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
**** that car is ******! Also the Alpine HU you have chose is good. You can always join the CA boner and get some RSD's like I just did

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Alright well I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Alpine HU in my first post.

Also, I believe the Alpine SPR-17S components will work fine for me.

Now for a few more noob questions:

1. How do I know that the tweeters will fit my stockers?
2. What exactly does the crossovers do and where do you put them?
3. Since I need 4 speakers, do I need to order 2 of this, or do I need to just buy the extra 2 speakers separately?
4. What kind of amp is needed to run this setup?

Thanks again fellas!

Savstyle
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Alright well I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Alpine HU in my first post.

Also, I believe the Alpine SPR-17S components will work fine for me.

Now for a few more noob questions:

3. Since I need 4 speakers, do I need to order 2 of this, or do I need to just buy the extra 2 speakers separately?

Thanks again fellas!

Have you listented to that set yet? Becuase IMO that set *****

Since you seem to be stuck on alpine look into the Type X set.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 06:04 PM
No I haven't listened to it because no where around here can I test higher end setups like that.

So which would you recommend the

SPX-17PRO
or
SPX-17REF

hoxie08
05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
**** thats a nice car.

Savstyle
05-29-2008, 06:19 PM
No I haven't listened to it because no where around here can I test higher end setups like that.

So which would you recommend the

SPX-17PRO
or
SPX-17REF

Couldnt tell ya for sure since ive only heard the pro's. They sound very good. but i havent heard the refs.

It kinda sounds like your rushing into this without doing any research. Stay around the forum and do some reading. Take your time and make a good choice.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 06:26 PM
I understand what your saying. However I have a trip soon to a car show and I wanted to get this all setup asap!

I have always loved Alpine products so thats why I'm wanting to stick with them. I was just hoping you guys could help me narrow my options down with them.

I also still have these questions about getting comps ( once we can decide which Alpine comps would be best ;) )

na_rsx
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
alpine 9885, alpine type-r components, some tang bangs in the rear, 4 channel amp, you will be set.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm going with the 9884 on the deck not the 9885.

I know I want Alpine components, but according to Niggz89 the Type-R's **** and I need to get the Type-X's.

Maybe someone with the Type-R and/or Type-X's could shed some more light for me?

4 channel amp is of course going in as well, just need to figure out what comps I'm getting so I can pick the amp!

andrewmoore13
05-29-2008, 06:38 PM
if you dont mind going away from alpine a bit i have a Premier 680MP which i think is better than the 9884/9885...

i also have a set of JL Audio 6.5 coaxial speakers for your "rear fill"

that is of course if you are interested...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317915

and if you get a 4-channel amp you will want a new set of 6.5"s in the back

thaster
05-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I understand what your saying. However I have a trip soon to a car show and I wanted to get this all setup asap!

I have always loved Alpine products so thats why I'm wanting to stick with them. I was just hoping you guys could help me narrow my options down with them.

I also still have these questions about getting comps ( once we can decide which Alpine comps would be best ;) )

1. measure your tweeter and compare that to the aftermarket tweeter. if the tweeter doesnt fit, you could always cut or fabricate!

2) the tweeter and midbass is connected to the crossover and the crossover is connected to the amp. Some people like me install their crossovers in the door panel.

3) I say buy one component system (consist of 2 speakers) for now and install it in the front. Leave your back speakers as stock.

BTW, NICE CAR! looks way better than the new evo.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow thanks for all the great info and compliment thaster.

I'll find out what size the stock tweeters are and see if they match up with the new ones.

I don't want to do any cutting or anything like that in my car (for obvious reasons) so hopefully they are the same size.

And keeping the back speakers stock would be fine? I mean, don't get me wrong the speakers in my car are actually pretty nice so I guess that would be ok.

andrewmoore13
05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow thanks for all the great info and compliment thaster.

I'll find out what size the stock tweeters are and see if they match up with the new ones.

I don't want to do any cutting or anything like that in my car (for obvious reasons) so hopefully they are the same size.

And keeping the back speakers stock would be fine? I mean, don't get me wrong the speakers in my car are actually pretty nice so I guess that would be ok.

it would be alright. i suggest something different...

refer to my post if you're interested in a set of 6.5 coaxials

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Well I originally came here with a set of Type-R coaxials and got told no and to go with comps. Then when I picked some Type-R comps, I got told no and to get Type-X comps. Lol I think the Type-R comp setup will be just fine for me.

hazardous0388
05-29-2008, 06:48 PM
where do you live in illinois?

Hintzyboy
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Don't even use rear speakers. A good set of components up front will be more than enough. Just go to smaller audio shops around you and listen to stuff. If you want to buy online, I suggest you go this way.

1. The Alpine HU you want is fine.
2. One good component set. The Type-X set is the only alpine set out there worth anything, but I would look elsewhere for speakers. There are literally dozens of companies out there that make great stuff. I would look at the Pioneer Premier TS-C720 PRS set. Great comps and can be had for around $250 online.
3. A good 2-channel amp. Anything by a decent company that puts out around 75-100w RMS x2 at 4 ohms will work. I'm particularly partial to Memphis amps.

There are also a few other things you need. You're going to need all your wiring. An 8 guage amp kit should do the trick. You'll also need to purchase some sound deadening material. Without properly deadened doors, your new components may very well sound worse than your stock speakers.

For install, you might want to consider having a shop (a real audio shop, not BB/CC) do it if you need it done soon. For a first timer, it can take a good amount of time. At least see if there are any forum members near you that might be willing to help.

twisztdauthorit
05-29-2008, 07:11 PM
nice car

mackin
05-29-2008, 07:14 PM
i think the best advice is to go listen to the speakers you're interested in. it will help your decision. should be easy to do if you only want alpine.

Savstyle
05-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Don't even use rear speakers. A good set of components up front will be more than enough. Just go to smaller audio shops around you and listen to stuff. If you want to buy online, I suggest you go this way.

1. The Alpine HU you want is fine.
2. One good component set. The Type-X set is the only alpine set out there worth anything, but I would look elsewhere for speakers. There are literally dozens of companies out there that make great stuff. I would look at the Pioneer Premier TS-C720 PRS set. Great comps and can be had for around $250 online.
3. A good 2-channel amp. Anything by a decent company that puts out around 75-100w RMS x2 at 4 ohms will work. I'm particularly partial to Memphis amps.

There are also a few other things you need. You're going to need all your wiring. An 8 guage amp kit should do the trick. You'll also need to purchase some sound deadening material. Without properly deadened doors, your new components may very well sound worse than your stock speakers.

For install, you might want to consider having a shop (a real audio shop, not BB/CC) do it if you need it done soon. For a first timer, it can take a good amount of time. At least see if there are any forum members near you that might be willing to help.

:word:

If you dont feal like dropping the cash on deadening you could do that a later time. But it makes a HUGE difference.

Deck, comps, and comp amp. Thats a good start and dont worry bout rear fill. Do not waist your money on type r comps. You have a nice car dont put those peices of **** in it.:)

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
where do you live in illinois?

Springfield

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Alright fellas, after a lot of your great help and input and some research, this is what I have came up with for my setup.

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9884
Components: Alpine SPX-17PRO
Amplifier: Alpine PDX-2.150

I like to have all my stuff the same brand as you can tell...however I think that amp might be overkill. Any suggestions? :D

helotr3vor
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
if you are interested in that head unit i have the exact same one brand new so you can ask me about it or buy it off me or anything. Ive had it for 4 months not one scratch on it

hairbandlover
05-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Definately a nice ride! Well it sounds like you made your decision already but I will throw in my opinions.
1. Alpine makes an awesome head unit but the 1 you are looking at is only a 2 volt pre out 4 volt is better.
2. Alpine amps also kick butt so good choice.
3. Alpine speakers are there weakest product. There are definately better out there with better mid bass since you arent running a sub. Do your research and listen to some brands at a local dealer. I prefer CDT but thats me. I hear RE puts out a good set. I wouldnt settle for the Alpines.
4. leaving the factories in the rear is fine just run them straigt to the deck.
Good Luck

HU- Alpine CDA-9831
Sub-RE Audio-SR12
Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301
Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange
Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

req
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
the PDX amp is a great amp. i never used one, but by the ones i have seen, i would love to try a few out.

the alpine headunit should do you great. i have had a few - and i love them. i highly recommend them.

all i can say is that alpine speakers are definatly not the way to go. you spend like 27 GRAND on a car, why are you spending like $80 on a pair of speakers.

the phoneix gold RSD component set is supposedly got great reviews around these parts. and for 120 you cant go wrong.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17540

oz audio has always made a nice product, but i have not heard much about their newer components

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15340

get off of the mindset that all the things have to match brand wise. that is a terrible myth and misconception and will end up biting you in the ***. broaden your horizons and look into bigger and better things.

Tnnrx7
05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Definately a nice ride!

Thanks bro :)

1. Alpine makes an awesome head unit but the 1 you are looking at is only a 2 volt pre out 4 volt is better.

Whats the difference? I was stuck on that HU because of Alpine and the red matches my interior perfect.

2. Alpine amps also kick butt so good choice.

I thought so as well just wasn't sure if that one would be overkill.

------------------

all i can say is that alpine speakers are definatly not the way to go. you spend like 27 GRAND on a car, why are you spending like $80 on a pair of speakers.

The Alpine Type-X's aren't $80...they are actually $650 on their site (but I know you can get them much cheaper on the net just like anything else).

I don't understand why everyone seems to be putting Alpine's speakers down, especially their top top top of the line comps. :confused:

helotr3vor
05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
you can change the blue buttons on the far left to make them red also so it can match your interior completely

SuperchargedRS
05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I've always wondered why kids get those shitubishis over the sti?

to each there own.

kross
05-29-2008, 11:09 PM

The dealer locater on the Alpine site shows two authorized dealers in Springfield, IL. I'm sure there are more if you don't mind driving a little. Get out there and give some a listen, and get what sounds good to your ears. You're the one that will have to listen to them every day.

Also, you asked if the Alpine PDX-2.150 would be overkill. Not in the least! If they made a PDX-2.200 that would be even better. Any good component set you get will handle 150 watts without problem.

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 01:57 AM
you can change the blue buttons on the far left to make them red also so it can match your interior completely

I am aware of that...thats what I'm saying the reason why I want that deck ;)

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 01:57 AM

to each there own.

You make me laugh!!! :laugh:

dman4486
05-30-2008, 01:58 AM

to each there own.

I like the legacy gt's

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 01:58 AM
The dealer locater on the Alpine site shows two authorized dealers in Springfield, IL. I'm sure there are more if you don't mind driving a little. Get out there and give some a listen, and get what sounds good to your ears. You're the one that will have to listen to them every day.

Also, you asked if the Alpine PDX-2.150 would be overkill. Not in the least! If they made a PDX-2.200 that would be even better. Any good component set you get will handle 150 watts without problem.

Well Best Buy is one and they don't even have the Type-X's or that amp but Sundown might. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Alpineforever
05-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Don't worry about the head unit, it's a fine unit and will definitely get you better sound quality.

However I wouldn't get those speakers either no matter how much i love alpine product. I wouldn't even get the Type X's. Their PDX amps are sweet and would work well in your car, which is sweet by the way.

Some suggestions for door speakers that would do that car justice:

The Rainbow Line, check out all of their component speakers, they will all easily take 150 watts and sound great doing it.

Rainbow (http://www.rainbow-audio.de/) (germanium line and up will blow any alpine set out of the water, and germaniums are very affordable)

I am very much impressed with my Phoenix Gold RSD's which have been mentioned on here a couple times already, they are very much worth the money.

Phoenix Gold RSD (http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-RSd-65cs-6-1-2-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-RSd65cs_W0QQitemZ170222477533QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32 819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

There are a lot more, but those would be my top choices, also check out Hertz, and Polk Components, they are also known for quality.

Another big thing would be to apply sound deadener to your front doors behind the speakers. I know the Evo already has doors that are already a lot more acoustically deadened than most doors straight out of factory, but they could still use sound deadener to help your mids really come alive. And using an amp is a must for replacement component sets.

kross
05-30-2008, 03:31 AM
I don't know if these have been mentioned already, but the Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS would be a good choice as well.

As for Rainbow and Hertz, yes they make great speakers. I have the Germaniums myself, and love them. The Rainbow CMX Kicks, or Hertz HSK 165's would be good affordable choices. However, you'll probably have a hard time finding a car audio shop with these to audition them.

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Those PG's look nice but how can the price be so low on something that is better than the Type-X's?

hairbandlover
05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
As you can see most people agree about the Alpine comps. Do some research. I also feel if long lasting quality is what you want look at good sets of comps not budget sets, the RSD's get rave reviews but they are a budget line speaker and have some glitchs. You have gotten good advice on here on Raindow, Hertz etc. Check out Memphis and still I highly recommend CDT audio. http://www.cdtaudio.com/
As far as 4 volt vs 2 here is a quote I found that best describes the difference.

4 volt pre-outs have higher resolution than lower voltage pre-outs.
this translates to a cleaner, more detailed signal at the amplifier input stage for a cleaner audio reproduction.
Keep in mind most all Alpine decks have the ability to change to multiple colors. Find a local Alpine rep and check out the full line. I am in Indiana not that far from you if you want ameet and greet give me yell. I have CDT you can listen to.

Hintzyboy
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, I don't know how I missed saying this before, but if you can give us a bit of info, we can help you out a lot more.

I need to know:

1. Overall budget
2. Music preferences

Give me those two things and I can build a couple of example systems for you.

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I listen to rap mainly.

Just give me a couple of good systems, budget isn't really a huge issue.

operationcougar
05-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Sick *** car, swing by my shop ill help ya out, no but seriously. Go on into a shop talk to them, the type of music you listen to isnt as important as long as the budget doesnt matter. a high end comp will do it all. i will agree with avoiding alpine, comps and what not, if your just going to be running a HU off of the car i would just do some quality components the brand isnt going to net you more or less of a result as far as sound goes, your only going to be pushing them with 18watts.

now as far as power alpine does make a behind the deck amp that brings rms to like 50x4 i would seriously think about getting one of them to run on my components, as you wont be using an all out amp

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Jacksonville is a little under an hour away from me so I will actually keep that into consideration if you want to help me out and give me some deals :D

But what comps would you recommend?

I'm about to head out to a shop right now and test out some stuff. I'll post back with my thoughts.

Kevinn
05-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Listen to these people, they wont lie to you.

Tnnrx7
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Well fellas I just got back from Sundown and listened to the Alpine Type-X's. I thought to myself they sound pretty good! Then I went over to the Memphis 15-MSQ6's...much, much better. So do you guys recommend those?

Andrew12
05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
All i can say is stay away from the type r's. I just took them out of my car. They can get loud, but have terrible midbass. Rainbow CMX series are pretty intense and may be my next setup.

Tnnrx7
05-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Well fellas I just got back from Sundown and listened to the Alpine Type-X's. I thought to myself they sound pretty good! Then I went over to the Memphis 15-MSQ6's...much, much better. So do you guys recommend those?

^bumpp

kberkel
05-31-2008, 06:05 PM
OCS has mixed reviews
I had great service from ocs :)

flipside1212
05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
if u want all red do the alpine 9885

NightDrifter05
05-31-2008, 07:34 PM
I use to have the Memphis M Class 6.5's and loved them. They were pretty much bullet proof and sounded real good with little power on them. I currently have the Rockford Power Series 6.5's and they are by far the best set of speaker's I've owned and they sound amazing with the power I got on them so maybe look into either of those.

dftnz7
06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Nice neighborhood.

Killer wing. Does it aid in keeping the front wheel drive car in traction in the snow? ;)

Don't buy from CC or BB. Please.

Hintzyboy
06-01-2008, 03:34 PM
^bumpp

Get whatever sounds best to you. I've owned several Memphis products and have never been disappointed. Plus, you can retain some of the all-one-brand thing you wanted. Like I said earlier, they make my favorite amps. They also have great subs. The M Class line is small and light, plus they have their S Class slimline woofers since you're worried about weight.

Hintzyboy
06-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Nice neighborhood.

Killer wing. Does it aid in keeping the front wheel drive car in traction in the snow? ;)

Before you make smart *** comments, you should know that the Evo is AWD:rolleyes:

Alpineforever
06-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Nice neighborhood.

Wow your an idiot, EVO pwns, and yeah the wing actually does serve a purpose and the AWD handles the snow quite nicely

Tnnrx7
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Ya guys beat me to owning him about AWD :laugh:

I believe I will be going with these Memphis comps and the Alpine Amp I posted earlier and the Alpine HU.

Thanks again fellas for all your help! I appreciate it!

Hintzyboy
06-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Ya guys beat me to owning him about AWD :laugh:

I believe I will be going with these Memphis comps and the Alpine Amp I posted earlier and the Alpine HU.

Thanks again fellas for all your help! I appreciate it!

If you want to save a bit of cash, I am selling a used Alpine CDA-9831. Great HU, but I am going to keep the stock unit in my new car. You can adjust the lighting to whatever color you want.

$150 shipped if you're interested. Great condition. I have plenty of pics to prove it. Let me know.

Also, since you like the cohesive look of using all one brand, go with the Memphis amps. Unless you are buying an Alpine PDX, I would take the Memphis M-Class amps over an alpine any day of the week.

deepthump17
06-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey dude, love the car you have looks friggen sick. You said earlier budget isn't an issue... Does that mean you wanna spend as little as possible or if you drop 3 grand as long as it sounds amazing you don't care? I sort of rushed into my purchase which was about 4 months ago and I regret purchasing so fast.

If money isn't an issue I'd research some more, look at some of the higher line rainbow comp sets, hertz sets, and if money really isn't an issue people can reccomend Dyn audio or morel products (don't know much about them), the last thing I would do is rush into a purchase for that nice of a car, you will really regret it even if you dont have you're system for that car show.

So if you havent purchased you're system yet a solid price range would help alot... If you already have then goodluck and I hope you like the sound of it. If you havent purchased yet feel free to Pm me, I'm not a pro but I've been researching a hell of alot the past 4 months and learned alot and could help you out with questions if you have them.

Goodluck!

moh.vze.com
06-03-2008, 02:30 AM
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_23_128&products_id=659

DLS MS6A System + NINe.2 Combo
Item Status: Special Order | Item: 9.2+ms6a_combo
$375.00

The combo deals are good.