PDA

View Full Version : northeastern PA

poundindak69
05-29-2008, 02:07 PM
is there anybody around this area with a TL. i would like to see what my car puts up for numbers.

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I have one but I am just north of Philly.

poundindak69
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM
how far north are you? i am about 30mins away from the ny border

yanks fan
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
There's a member on here Scott S who has a TL in south east PA. Maybe PM him.

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I am only 10 miles north of Philly, so its probably about a 3 hour drive to the NY boarder going up the turnpike to 81.

80INCHES
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
hey ed u in north philly
if so u only 1 and half hours from me

shortyg83
05-29-2008, 04:07 PM
i dunno about 3 hours i use to leave in northeast pa philly is only 2 hours away
I live in easton now

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I just know it takes me 4 hours to get to Syracuse so I was estimating what it takes to get to the boarder before Binghampton.

80, are you near Edison N.J.? There is a Funk Flex show June 28th. The car I worked on for the Car wars T.V. show will be there.

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Just did google map directions from my house to Monroeton Pa. 3 hours and 7 minutes.

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
You are actually close to a gentleman by the name of Jeff Fronk. he used to be a big competitor in IASCA and dB drag but now I think he judges. He did run a shop and was one of the first DD dealers in the area. He was right over the boarder in NY.

There is a show coming up in norther NY above Water town. And there are talks of one in the fingerlakes region.

80INCHES
05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I just know it takes me 4 hours to get to Syracuse so I was estimating what it takes to get to the boarder before Binghampton.

80, are you near Edison N.J.? There is a Funk Flex show June 28th. The car I worked on for the Car wars T.V. show will be there.

yup im near edison nj..will u be at the show on the 28th

scott s
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
yeah i have a tl. ty yanks but ed is closer than i am. i am in york pa closer to maryland. ed is correct there is a couple of shows in the ny area. oh yeah whats up ed if you dont remember me i am the guy with the white jeep liberty

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I remember the Liberty. I didnt know you were in York though.

I will be attending the show in York with Vicky, the star and leader of Team Shocker from this season of car wars. If my small rebuild is done I will have my car in the show. But if not I will be with the Focus.

Monroeton is actually closer to Buffalo I think, than it is to me. The Psychoacoustic judges are up there. They do testing every wednesday I believe.

scott s
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
cool is that in aug. at the fairgrounds?

Ed Lester
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I am not sure exactly when or where. I dont think it has been organized yet.

scott s
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
keep in touch when it is org.

chambiec1
06-06-2008, 02:17 AM
is there anybody around this area with a TL. i would like to see what my car puts up for numbers.

I think around 4 DB... MAYBE 5. Especially with that "top secret" setup you have in there now.

poundindak69
06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I think around 4 DB... MAYBE 5. Especially with that "top secret" setup you have in there now.

yeah def.

yunvme666
06-11-2008, 12:37 AM
yea theres a show around here every wednesdays, ive yet to make it i been workn alot.... what part of ny is near the border near ya?

yunvme666
06-11-2008, 12:39 AM
ah , nvm thats a haul ...

poundindak69
06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
yea theres a show around here every wednesdays, ive yet to make it i been workn alot.... what part of ny is near the border near ya?

um have you ever heard of elmira, NY im like 45 min away from there

06-19-2008, 08:57 AM
The closest place to get mic'd at would be up at decked out audio in waverly. The second closest place is benchmark audio in horseheads. What kind of numbers do you expect to hit? You can get one of those crappy 130db mics anywhere cheap. I got a audiocontrol epic 160 hooked up in my car, so I always know about how loud I am.

poundindak69
06-19-2008, 11:50 AM
The closest place to get mic'd at would be up at decked out audio in waverly. The second closest place is benchmark audio in horseheads. What kind of numbers do you expect to hit? You can get one of those crappy 130db mics anywhere cheap. I got a audiocontrol epic 160 hooked up in my car, so I always know about how loud I am.

so decked out has a meter they would let me use? i have one of the crappy db meters it maxes out. now i might have to go up there and see.

Ed Lester
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM

Those crappy 130 dB meters are highly innaccurate.
They read on a weighted scale so they can be off as much as 20 dB on low frequencies and maybe 5 dB on high frequencies. They arent worth anything to you.
The Epic 160 isnt very accurate either, but slightly better than those cheap meters.
A TermLab or AC 190 is your best bet for accuracy.

poundindak69
06-19-2008, 12:04 PM
yeah i know thats why im looking for one close that i could use.

06-20-2008, 06:45 AM
The guy who runs Decked out audio is really cool, I would reccomend them to anyone, and they usually charge like ten bucks to mic you. You'll wanna call for an appointment first though. I agree that the epic 160 is not the most accurate thing in the world. Any idea about how accurate it is though?

poundindak69
06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
The guy who runs Decked out audio is really cool, I would reccomend them to anyone, and they usually charge like ten bucks to mic you. You'll wanna call for an appointment first though. I agree that the epic 160 is not the most accurate thing in the world. Any idea about how accurate it is though?

cool, ill prolly call him up next week after i get my new system installed and take my bros jetta and my cabrio and get metered.

chambiec1
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Is he the guy right on the main drag in Waverly? If so, I went up there and thought the guy was a bit uneducated. He kept trying to push SoundStream products to me terribly, saying he hit 160-something with 2 10's blah blah.
But if he has a decent mic, I may need to take my car up there sometime.
Radney, we should get a few guys like me, you, Mosier, and maybe Williams and all go get metered sometime. Maybe he would give us a multi-person discount.

Ed Lester
06-20-2008, 03:22 PM

I have seen the Epic 160 be off as much as 3-4 dB from an AC190 and 7 dB off from a Termlab.

chambiec1
06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I have seen the Epic 160 be off as much as 3-4 dB from an AC190 and 7 dB off from a Termlab.

High or low?

poundindak69
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Is he the guy right on the main drag in Waverly? If so, I went up there and thought the guy was a bit uneducated. He kept trying to push SoundStream products to me terribly, saying he hit 160-something with 2 10's blah blah.
But if he has a decent mic, I may need to take my car up there sometime.
Radney, we should get a few guys like me, you, Mosier, and maybe Williams and all go get metered sometime. Maybe he would give us a multi-person discount.

we should i should have my new system together by next week

fatryan
06-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I am only 10 miles north of Philly, so its probably about a 3 hour drive to the NY boarder going up the turnpike to 81.
where you live again ed?

Ed Lester
06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
High or low?

Epic 160 reads high.

I live near Blue Bell Pa. Right near the turnpike.

fatryan
06-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Epic 160 reads high.

I live near Blue Bell Pa. Right near the turnpike.
oh no ****. my gf works at Aetna insurance in blue bell.

06-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah- He's the guy who's right on the main drag passed Ted Clark's market. I really haven't been up there enough to be able to vouch for his experience, but he seems like a good dude ( once he opened up on a Sunday just to sell me a 200 amp fuse )- I thought that was pretty cool of him... Kinda laughed when you said that about the soundstream 10's. He's been telling that story for years and the sad part is that he claims they were the t4 10's. Anyway, are all you guys riding up to get mic'd? If so, can I play along? I love field-trips...

chambiec1
06-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah- He's the guy who's right on the main drag passed Ted Clark's market. I really haven't been up there enough to be able to vouch for his experience, but he seems like a good dude ( once he opened up on a Sunday just to sell me a 200 amp fuse )- I thought that was pretty cool of him... Kinda laughed when you said that about the soundstream 10's. He's been telling that story for years and the sad part is that he claims they were the t4 10's. Anyway, are all you guys riding up to get mic'd? If so, can I play along? I love field-trips...

Well, he told me that he hit those numbers with the newer Tarantula's or whatever they are.
Then he proceded to tell me that it was a waste to run a daily system at 1 ohm, because all it would do is make my subs "run hotter" and "decrease the life of them".
Right about then I stopped taking anything he said seriously.

poundindak69
06-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, he told me that he hit those numbers with the newer Tarantula's or whatever they are.
Then he proceded to tell me that it was a waste to run a daily system at 1 ohm, because all it would do is make my subs "run hotter" and "decrease the life of them".
Right about then I stopped taking anything he said seriously.

haha thats funny. i owuld of said can i see pics and a vid of the 10's in action

06-22-2008, 06:59 AM
That's funny. We should still organize some sort of meet though where we all ride up and get mic'd. Maybe if enough of us show up he'd give us some sorta discount or something.

Ed Lester
06-22-2008, 01:51 PM
oh no ****. my gf works at Aetna insurance in blue bell.
My sister works at Aetna.
Her name is Kathleen Moore and she has 1 year old twins.

poundindak69
06-22-2008, 02:05 PM
That's funny. We should still organize some sort of meet though where we all ride up and get mic'd. Maybe if enough of us show up he'd give us some sorta discount or something.

yeah im up for it

06-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Cool. Anyone else? If we can figure out how many of us will go, I don't mind calling them and setting this thing up (unless there's another volunteer.) I just want an accurate score of how loud I am. Yesterday I hit a 148 with my doors and sunroof wide open and I still had power left to spare. I'm dying to know how close to that I really am.

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 07:59 AM
well if i figure right there will be atleast 6 people from towanda

06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Sounds great. Any idea on a good day to do it? We can all meet somewhere and follow each other up. Who all will definatley come? I'm ready whenever.... Let me know the deal and I'll send out my number so we can get serious about doing this.

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
well i know for sure me, my brothers car, my buddy zac and the other three idk. cambic will chime in if he goes and will have to ask if mosier is goin. so idk once i know for sure ill let you know. hopefully soon

06-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I just called them and was told that their mic' needs calibration, so they aren't doing anything with it. I asked him when they will be doing it and he said he had no idea. Next closest place is benchmark audio in horseheads. Still up for it guys? Let's take a head count and I'll call for the price and an appointment.

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
i am but will have to find out from the others

06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
ok- cool. I just called Benchmark... They are having a comp the 2nd week of July. Well, he said if he can get at least 20 people he'll hold one...Here's the catch- He needs everyone to pre-register for it ( so he knows if there's enough people to hold it ). I already pre-registered. And I told him about this forum and how we all wanna go down there. He said he'd rather have people register in person, but he let me over the phone... I told the dude that I would post his shop's number and have everyone on here who wants to go call him to pre-register.

Benchmark audio: 607-734-4323

If ya wanna go, ya have to call the dude and pre-register. Also, I forgot to ask the exac6t day and time of the comp, so somebody please find out and post it-thanks.

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
ok gonna to talk to some people to night and get all pre-registered

06-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok. Kinda wish I would've remembered to ask when it is though...

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
yeah ill find out and let you know. also what kind of car do you drive?

fatryan
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
My sister works at Aetna.
Her name is Kathleen Moore and she has 1 year old twins.
nah, she doesnt know her. its a huge company. my gf works in the customer service department. she works with HMOs

06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Cool. I wouldn't wait too long though. It seemed like if we did, we'd be screwed... Anyway, I have a 93' mx-6. It's in my pics on my page. Oh yeah, he said he'll be running the comps in divisions based on the size and number of subs you have.

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Cool. I wouldn't wait too long though. It seemed like if we did, we'd be screwed... Anyway, I have a 93' mx-6. It's in my pics on my page. Oh yeah, he said he'll be running the comps in divisions based on the size and number of subs you have.

**** i would love have that. lol buddy had a mx-3 it was a sweet ride( till he wrecked it) i will talk to the people tomorrow

loudaccent
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Im In Allentown Pa

loudaccent
06-23-2008, 11:14 PM
any one know the date and time,, is it db drag??

poundindak69
06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
any one know the date and time,, is it db drag??

idk havent called up yet

06-24-2008, 07:24 AM
**** i would love have that. lol buddy had a mx-3 it was a sweet ride( till he wrecked it) i will talk to the people tomorrow

You've probably seen my car around. I try to avoid T-town like the plague ( I've lived there twice ), but every once in a while I'm up there...

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 08:15 AM
You've probably seen my car around. I try to avoid T-town like the plague ( I've lived there twice ), but every once in a while I'm up there...

yeah i know what you mean, after my summer job is done i might be moving to get away from there.

06-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Good idea bro. No offense, but I've always said that nothing good ever came outta that town. Anybody else call and register yet? Unrelated but still AWSOME news...The first of two 18" solo-x will be showing up at my door today. If my Mazda doesn't sell, I'm putting two of them in it.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Good idea bro. No offense, but I've always said that nothing good ever came outta that town. Anybody else call and register yet? Unrelated but still AWSOME news...The first of two 18" solo-x will be showing up at my door today. If my Mazda doesn't sell, I'm putting two of them in it.

no not yet got busy, doin stuff to my brothers car last night, forgot. that goin to be sick. how much power you running to them and you selling your car?

06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Right now I run 3200 rms ( yes- I know it's way over-rated though... ) to my 15's. When I get the 18's, I'll put 4000-5000 RMS ( of good power ) to each of them. Sounds a bit crazy for a mx-6, but if ya saw mine you'd see why I wanna do it. The back seat of my car was taken out and a cage was put in. I have that whole area for subs and I figure maybe that 4 kinetik hc2400, a few amps, and all that stuff will still fit nicely in my trunk. I love the fact that all that will fit in a car that looks like mine, but it's a pain in the ***. Last month I did Carlisle and was put in extreme street cause the location of my boxes. Considering what i was up against, I did ok. But that made me want 18's. And the only thing better than two 18's is like 6 or 8 of them. I want a van... f@** that, I want 160 db...

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Right now I run 3200 rms ( yes- I know it's way over-rated though... ) to my 15's. When I get the 18's, I'll put 4000-5000 RMS ( of good power ) to each of them. Sounds a bit crazy for a mx-6, but if ya saw mine you'd see why I wanna do it. The back seat of my car was taken out and a cage was put in. I have that whole area for subs and I figure maybe that 4 kinetik hc2400, a few amps, and all that stuff will still fit nicely in my trunk. I love the fact that all that will fit in a car that looks like mine, but it's a pain in the ***. Last month I did Carlisle and was put in extreme street cause the location of my boxes. Considering what i was up against, I did ok. But that made me want 18's. And the only thing better than two 18's is like 6 or 8 of them. I want a van... f@** that, I want 160 db...

**** i had a van i just sold last month on the cheap. it was a full size dodge ram cargo van. and i wonder where i would be placed in a comp since my trunk is so small i put my system in my back seat.

06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
With the db drag and bassrace it says if your boxes are above the seat or the side window ( I forget which one ) you're extreme street.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
With the db drag and bassrace it says if your boxes are above the seat or the side window ( I forget which one ) you're extreme street.

yeah that would **** as i am running only one 12 right now. looking to get a second on here soon.

06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
It does ****. I went up against vans that were walled with like 30 subs and 20 batteries, while all I had was a stock electrical, big 3, and 3200 rms. Kinda felt like I brought a knive to a gun fight...

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
It does ****. I went up against vans that were walled with like 30 subs and 20 batteries, while all I had was a stock electrical, big 3, and 3200 rms. Kinda felt like I brought a knive to a gun fight...

yeah it would of been like me bringin' a stick to a gun fight.lol and even right now the whole system is built, still waiting on my amp and wires to come in.

06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Are you gonna be ready for that benchmark event?

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Are you gonna be ready for that benchmark event?

yeah all my stuff should be in by the end of the week unless i pic up another hd3 this week.

06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Niiiice...I'm sitting here dying of anticipation till my solo-x gets here. I don't care if God himself brings down a typhoon, I'm not leaving this house today till it shows up.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM

There is no extreme street.
there is street stock which will allow to to have your box anywhere behind the B pillar as long as it does not extend above the top of the front seats.

Then Street class.
Box must be behind the back seats and cannot extend above the side window line.

Then there is Street max in which you can, but dont have to, have a full wall.

Then there is SS in which you can also have a sub wall.

Then extreme, where anything goes and you can hav 6in. thick lexan windows and steel bracing in the interior.

From the descriptions of your systems it sounds as though you would be in Street Max.
limit in street max is one battery, 4 subs, and 2 amps.
If you have more than that then you are in Super Street.
There is a SuperStreet 1-2
SS3-4
and SS 5+

So unless you have 5+ woofers you would be evenly matched with someone with similar cone area.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
There is no extreme street.
there is street stock which will allow to to have your box anywhere behind the B pillar as long as it does not extend above the top of the front seats.

Then Street class.
Box must be behind the back seats and cannot extend above the side window line.

Then there is Street max in which you can, but dont have to, have a full wall.

Then there is SS in which you can also have a sub wall.

Then extreme, where anything goes and you can hav 6in. thick lexan windows and steel bracing in the interior.

From the descriptions of your systems it sounds as though you would be in Street Max.
limit in street max is one battery, 4 subs, and 2 amps.
If you have more than that then you are in Super Street.
There is a SuperStreet 1-2
SS3-4
and SS 5+

So unless you have 5+ woofers you would be evenly matched with someone with similar cone area.

well thank you for that information.

06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Oops- my bad... This is what I mean.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=9850&Page=2

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:32 PM
also mine is behind the b pillar and lower then the back and side windows

also dt how much was it to pr register for the event

06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I forget the exact rules, but you should be fine then.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Niiiice...I'm sitting here dying of anticipation till my solo-x gets here. I don't care if God himself brings down a typhoon, I'm not leaving this house today till it shows up.

also gettin a new HU. goin from my alpine 9883 to a kenwood indash

06-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Getting new toys is like warm apple pie...

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Getting new toys is like warm apple pie...

i know makes me smile inside and out. and a little bit hard.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
If you are behind the B pillar and below the window line, but on the rear seats then you will be in SS No Wall.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
If you are behind the B pillar and below the window line, but on the rear seats then you will be in SS No Wall.

yes it all of that but the rear seat. the bottom comes out easy so i took it out the the box was lower.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Oops- my bad... This is what I mean.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=9850&Page=2

What's your name and what class were you in?
I was at Carlisle and I remember your car.

06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm Barry Mordkowitz. I did the db drag ( street max ) and did the bassrace at 129.9db. If ya look at the results from the bassrace on their site, my score should've tied me for first, but they put me in third. Anyway, My car is a lot louder since then. I've added 4 kicker ds693, 2 ds 680, a qx4-960, epic 160, 8-gauge speaker wire, and done a few other tricks...Ten minutes ago the first of 2 18" solo-x was delivered...Trying to come back WAAAAAAAAAY louder.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I remember. now

Yeah, Bass Race and dB Drag is all eliminations. No matter what your score is, if you lose in semi finals, you get 3rd.
Especially in Bass Race where you can have 8 people all do perfect scores, not all can get first so you do the elimination rounds.
I myself was doing 139.9s all day at Carlisle, then I made a mistake and was beaten by somebody doing 139.8s.
Thats what dB Draggers love, is the head to head competition. and there is no such thing as a tie at the end of the day.

Those Solo Xs are gonna do some damage for ya.

06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Good damage? Bad damage? I know it will take a ton of power to juice em' up, but I seriously do have the room for it in this car. Still considering trading it for a van or suv though. The car is a nightmare when it comes to airleaks and things like that. Seems like it would make more sense for me to get a better platform and take it from there...

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Good damage? Bad damage? I know it will take a ton of power to juice em' up, but I seriously do have the room for it in this car. Still considering trading it for a van or suv though. The car is a nightmare when it comes to airleaks and things like that. Seems like it would make more sense for me to get a better platform and take it from there...
Good damage of course.
There are probably better vehicles to use, but not much as sparse. Too many people use Astro vans and CRXs. I like the interesting rides like yours that you dont see often. Sad thing is, if you put your system in a CRX, it will be capable of over 150 dB

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
yeah i just wish my car wasnt a convertible

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah i just wish my car wasnt a convertible

You can coat your convertible top in fiberglass resin and make it a hard top. lol
That would be illegal in dB Drag but it would be cool.

06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with everyone that the mic on my epic 160 is off by a few decibals, but I have hit a 153 with it. When I was at Carlisle I only had one amp hooked up. Now that I hooked up the second amp, I need more power bad, so I haven't " opened it up " yet. I'll play it till the voltage drops to where I'm comfortable with it and then I'll let off a lil' bit till I'm back in a good range. I know I need batteries, but right now I'm not sure what I'll use to power those solo-x, so I don't wanna start buying batteries yet. A few days ago I was on the realmofexcursion site and saw somebody hit over 169db with just two 18" solo-x powered by 4 kx1200.1. I"ll probably drop like $1500-$2000 on amps and call it good.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
You can coat your convertible top in fiberglass resin and make it a hard top. lol
That would be illegal in dB Drag but it would be cool.

yeah it would

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I agree with everyone that the mic on my epic 160 is off by a few decibals, but I have hit a 153 with it. When I was at Carlisle I only had one amp hooked up. Now that I hooked up the second amp, I need more power bad, so I haven't " opened it up " yet. I'll play it till the voltage drops to where I'm comfortable with it and then I'll let off a lil' bit till I'm back in a good range. I know I need batteries, but right now I'm not sure what I'll use to power those solo-x, so I don't wanna start buying batteries yet. A few days ago I was on the realmofexcursion site and saw somebody hit over 169db with just two 18" solo-x powered by 4 kx1200.1. I"ll probably drop like $1500-$2000 on amps and call it good.

That 169 was either an extreme car or an outlaw score though. but still nice.

The KX1200.1s are good but it will be more efficient and probably cost less to do one big amp. or 2 medium amps vs. 4 smaller amps.

2 Crunch GP3000D pros would give you about 8000w total

06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
At first I planned on mojo's, but Ijust got the dual 4 ohm. I dunno about crunch. I always thought they were junk, but last year I figured out the whole Maxonics thing and now I dunno. I like hifonics and mb quart, but I have no idea about crunch now...I've considered autotek before...

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
At first I planned on mojo's, but Ijust got the dual 4 ohm. I dunno about crunch. I always thought they were junk, but last year I figured out the whole Maxonics thing and now I dunno. I like hifonics and mb quart, but I have no idea about crunch now...I've considered autotek before...

I have been using Hifonics for the past 2 years and I absolutely love them.
The Crunch GP 3000D is built like a Hifonics Cyclops. The lower Crunches are entry level amps and rated at max power.
I was doing tests with a Crunch 1500 and 2 of my 12s and was able to do 147+ dB.
Last years Autoteks were good but this years lineup doesnt have the 4400. MB quart amps are similar to the Hifonics Brutus series and more for low to moderate power levels for SQ.

I have been using a Crunch GP3000D in my brothers ride with fantastic results. I am impressed that it is priced as a Crunch but built like a Hifonics.

06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
That crunch amp is 3000x1 @ 1 ohm. It would do me no good with 2 dual 4 ohm

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
That crunch amp is 3000x1 @ 1 ohm. It would do me no good with 2 dual 4 ohm

Use 2 and strap them mono.
I measured 4000 out of mine at 1 ohm.
a strapped pair will do between 8000-9000w at 1 ohm. Run all your coils in parallel.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Use 2 and strap them mono.
I measured 4000 out of mine at 1 ohm.
a strapped pair will do between 8000-9000w at 1 ohm. Run all your coils in parallel.

are they stable at 1ohm strapped?

06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
It sounds like you know what you're talking about, so I'll definatley keep them in mind, but how do I get around them making all their power at 1 ohm when I have dual 4 ohm? Are those amps strapable or something? I admit 3000rms each would still be insane, but I'd like to be VERY insane...

06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
You make these sound nice. I might actually buy some now....

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
i would get one if i had 2 hd3's. that would make them crazy loud.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
The Crunches are just one suggestion.
They are strappable at 1 ohm. Make sure you have good battery voltage and they will make full power.

I run our at .5 ohm daily now on a factory battery and its doing great.

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
You could also get one big amp stable at 1 ohm mono.
Like a Stetsom or something

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 03:16 PM
The Crunches are just one suggestion.
They are strappable at 1 ohm. Make sure you have good battery voltage and they will make full power.

I run our at .5 ohm daily now on a factory battery and its doing great.

now that really makes me want one after i get another 12

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I believe the Sundown 3000D is a very comparable amp so maybe somebody has compared these 2 head to head.
Sundowns are really good though

06-24-2008, 03:21 PM
I think you just might've just sold me on those crunch. Only concern is what they are rated at...

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I think you just might've just sold me on those crunch. Only concern is what they are rated at...

whooo

Ed Lester
06-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I would say just search around for reviews and ask others opinions on it.
I have only heard positive things before I got mine.

06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
It sounds like a great deal for the price. I might actually wanna go with them, but I'm gonna read up on that and the sundown a lil' bit, look around, and take it from there.

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
yeah that sounds like a plan.

06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
yeah- it just might be

poundindak69
06-24-2008, 04:19 PM
weee

06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
I've been reading up on that crunch and just found some very good stuff on it. Also found one at a great price. Thank you Ed. You just saved me like a grand on amps (I'm ordering one of these today). Check out what another forum said about it:

From Termpro forum:

""Ok guys, here it is. Depending on your battery set up this amp will make an ungodly amount of power. With a 12volt battery set up dropping to 11.5 volts the Crunch GP3000D Pro made 2850 watts at a 1.03 ohm reactive. That's 4 12volt batteries. If you can get the voltage up the amp will make much more. By just starting the car and using the high amp alternator (starting at 16.1 volts and dropping to 12.3volts), the 3000 made 3732 watts. That's crazy isn't it. THAT'S NOTHING! I hooked it up to a 16volt battery set up and it just went crazy! With the battery voltage dropping to 15.7 volts with a 1.4 ohm reactive this monster made 4640 usable watts. NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!"

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 08:57 AM
**** that is impresive

06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
For the price it's pretty amazing...I'm gonna order one today, but then I'll have to sell what's in my car before I can order another and the other 18.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah are you goin to be ready for benchmark

06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Kinda...Right now my car is pretty loud with what's in it. I'll still have that in it when I go. Right now I'm trying to plan it all out. What I mean is that I didn't plan on buying an amp yet, but he sold me on that crunch. And I'm working with a guy who's gonna build me the box. Getting one with interchangable ports...It's just kinda hard to get that done, order another solo-x, batteries, and all that stuff till I can sell all the stuff that's already in it. But anyway, I'll take the car up there with what's in it.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Kinda...Right now my car is pretty loud with what's in it. I'll still have that in it when I go. Right now I'm trying to plan it all out. What I mean is that I didn't plan on buying an amp yet, but he sold me on that crunch. And I'm working with a guy who's gonna build me the box. Getting one with interchangable ports...It's just kinda hard to get that done, order another solo-x, batteries, and all that stuff till I can sell all the stuff that's already in it. But anyway, I'll take the car up there with what's in it.

oh ok good

06-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Has anyone besides me registered yet or got the date for it?

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Has anyone besides me registered yet or got the date for it?

i was goin to last night but had to go to my cabin and do stuff for my dad so i didnt get home till late. told my buddy and brother. hopefully they will call today. and on a good note i may be gettin a different car!!!

06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Cool. What is it?

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Cool. What is it?

01 dale earnhardt chevy monte carlo

06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Very nice. You should buy some of my stuff to put in it...Lol.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Very nice. You should buy some of my stuff to put in it...Lol.

yeah i should. i have to measure the trunk to see what i can fit in there.

06-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't even buy a car that didn't have enough space to do a big audio set-up.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't even buy a car that didn't have enough space to do a big audio set-up.

yeah im not really buying it im just going to trade my dad my vw for it so i have room. i hate have no room. i think ill have enough for maybe a 15 or a few 12's or i might try like a clam shell with like 8 8's in it.

06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
You should be able to put 2 15's in there with a decent sized box. If not, definatley 2 good 12's and a huge box.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
You should be able to put 2 15's in there with a decent sized box. If not, definatley 2 good 12's and a huge box.

yeah for shore

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 09:57 AM
idk even know what i would want to run though

06-25-2008, 10:07 AM
orion hcca :)

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
orion hcca :)

idk

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:10 AM
i dont think i have enough power

06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
my amp is a slightly over-rated 3200 rms and makes them bump

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:19 AM
nice

06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I like it cause it's decent power considering it's on a stock electrical system. The amp barely ever even gets warm.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I like it cause it's decent power considering it's on a stock electrical system. The amp barely ever even gets warm.

im thinkin of tryin a sundown nightshade out like a 15 or may 2 12's

06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
pretty nice sub, but if you're thinking of that, also consider juggernauts.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:38 AM
pretty nice sub, but if you're thinking of that, also consider juggernauts.

yeah for shore, only if i could find some

06-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I love the way they sound

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I love the way they sound

yeah now i just have to find someone to buy my hd3 12 so i have some money for the nightshade

06-25-2008, 10:49 AM
we could yard sale all our **** dude...

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
we could yard sale all our **** dude...

hell yeah but no one around here would want to pay what we ask cause they think kicker mtx and other brands rule the world

06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
till i pull up next to em' at a redlight and destroy em'.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 10:58 AM
i know, i had a buddy tell my eclpise was the best in the world. i laughed and said nah there good but not the best

06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
to each their own

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 11:39 AM
to each their own

yeah i just laugh when someone says stuff like that

06-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I know. There's always some lil' peckerhead who's mommy bought him some audiobahn 12's from walmart who thinks he's bad...

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
or you have the people with stuff from bestbuy.

06-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I was talking to my girlfriens about best buy and circuit city when day and she said something brilliant. She said buyiing car stereo equiptment from them would be like buying it from a convienence store.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I was talking to my girlfriens about best buy and circuit city when day and she said something brilliant. She said buyiing car stereo equiptment from them would be like buying it from a convienence store.

haha nice

06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I love those words

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
so dont i

06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
considering listing my amp and subs on ebay.... ;:

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
considering listing my amp and subs on ebay.... ;:

yeah whys that now takers on the stuff yet

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 02:26 PM
right now im evening thinking about a 18 maybe get my hd3 reconed to a 18

06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
one guy said he'll call me tomorrow.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
nice is that for the amp or the subs

06-25-2008, 02:56 PM
he says I can consider it sold. Going down town in a lil' while to put money in the bank and order the first groundpounder...

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 02:56 PM
groundpounder??

06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
that crunch amp

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
oh ok i got lost there lol

06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I read up on it this morning and everything he said about it is true. Sounds like a great amp. I figure 2 of em' should bump those solo-x nicely.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 03:03 PM
yes they will.

06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
he just called- the amp is sold.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
thats good

06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
oh-yeah...

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
sweetness

06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm going down town to put money in the bank and pay for that amp. I'll get back on later-peace.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
peace have fun

06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
It's ordered... Don't forget to call benchmark man.

poundindak69
06-25-2008, 05:16 PM
ok i wont

loudaccent
06-29-2008, 06:53 PM
i got one

poundindak69
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
i got one

got one what?

poundindak69
07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
hey dt hows it coming with your new build.

07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Not bad. I ordered one of those crunch amps, but the next day I got an email saying they were sold out of them for at least a month. So instead I found a deal on a ma hk4000d. Yesterday it showed up and **** it's big... S I did the only normal thing... Bought 2 of them. The second one will be here in two days. My ride will be full of them and 18" solo-x's... Won't have it hooked up for a minute though cause I'm not even gonna hook it all up till I can hook up 2 hc2400 on each one with a better alternator set up. I sold my amp to str8up ( or what ever his name was ). So now all I have hooked up is 4 tweeters, 2 ds 680, and 4 ds693 all hooked up to the lil' amp. It kinda ***** cause I'll miss that event at benchmark, but upgrading to all this is worth the wait for me... What you been up to?

poundindak69
07-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Not bad. I ordered one of those crunch amps, but the next day I got an email saying they were sold out of them for at least a month. So instead I found a deal on a ma hk4000d. Yesterday it showed up and **** it's big... S I did the only normal thing... Bought 2 of them. The second one will be here in two days. My ride will be full of them and 18" solo-x's... Won't have it hooked up for a minute though cause I'm not even gonna hook it all up till I can hook up 2 hc2400 on each one with a better alternator set up. I sold my amp to str8up ( or what ever his name was ). So now all I have hooked up is 4 tweeters, 2 ds 680, and 4 ds693 all hooked up to the lil' amp. It kinda ***** cause I'll miss that event at benchmark, but upgrading to all this is worth the wait for me... What you been up to?

well right now i have traded my aq12 for a bigger amp. sold my pa amp to my brother and trying to get the rest of the money around for my 10' shocker 3's. and have to look for a new car since i may be selling mine. and traded my alpine HU for a kenwood indash. so i dont think i am goin' to make the benchmark thing either.lol i just want to go up and get metered.

poundindak69
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
anybody on here goin to the bloomsberg truck show this weekend

07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I didn't even know it was this weekend. Depending on what I have going on, I might.

Quick update: Yesterday my second hk4000d got here, orions are sold ( pending money order ), and even though it sold on ebay, I'm still stuck with the car...

poundindak69
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I didn't even know it was this weekend. Depending on what I have going on, I might.

Quick update: Yesterday my second hk4000d got here, orions are sold ( pending money order ), and even though it sold on ebay, I'm still stuck with the car...

yeah i didnt either until my brother asked if i was going. yeah i got anothe pa a3000db coming in to strap to my aq for the fun of it until i get my shocker 3's. and hopefully i get my monte carlo here soon

07-08-2008, 08:01 AM
nice

poundindak69
07-08-2008, 08:02 AM
deffently.