PDA

View Full Version : IL: dB meters

hotboxn
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Whats up everyone, name's Justin. I drive an 04 xB.
I'm currently running:
wall of 4 15" mtx 7500's
2 TE 1501D MTX amps
2 pairs Diamond Audio S600S components
1 kicker 4 ch(cant remmber model number)
Premier DEHP800PRS
2 Optima batteries
upgraded alt
0/1ga wiring throughout

Just signed on to this and saw that I had missed the event this past weekend. I've been searching around for a while for a shop that measures dB. I'm not rediculously loud, but would def like to see what I'm pushing. Does anyone on here know of a place in northern IL that meters, or know anyone w/ a meter that would be willing to see what I'm pushing? I'll be happy to pay for the services, just curious about it.

Thanks!

pioneerpimp
05-27-2008, 06:55 PM
where in dekalb are you from? i live in dekalb right by walmart. got some other locals as well and we just finished my wall and took it to the event. if you need any help id be sure to help and if youre not stuck on MTX i can offer some better options.

pioneerpimp
05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
and also, who ended up building your wall? i hope it wasnt urban tanks.

hotboxn
05-27-2008, 07:09 PM
lol i forgot to change that since i signed up. I moved to cary last year. I hate mike over at urban. worked for him for 2 months and quit because welll you know...its mike and i hadnt heard the stories when i first moved out there. Not stuck on MTX, just got the stuff for next to nothing and couldnt pass it up. I built the wall myself. used to have a wall of 4 12's behind the rear seat of the xB, but didnt like the sound. now ditched the rear seat for this wall. There's a show out at brian bemis toyota this sunday that me and my club are gonna hit up. you should head out there and then see what you think of my setup. I'm pissed i missed the event this past weekend. :( Maybe youve seen my car out there over the past couple years. Orange 04 xB on bags?

pioneerpimp
05-27-2008, 07:14 PM
theres an audio show in cary this coming weekend? any links to it? i actually work for a window cleaning company out of elgin and we clean windows alot in cary. yea Mikes a **** ***. what dirt do you have on him? i always like new stuff on him. and i cant recall ever seeing your vehicle.

pioneerpimp
05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
yea the show this weekend was great, or t5he meet rather. i got a 149.1 at 29 hz and a 152.4 at 37 hz. it was a great time.

i know tommyk in chicago heights has a termlab but youd have to ask him about it

hotboxn
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
naw not an audio show, just an open car show and its at brian bemis in dekalb just off sycamore. well i quit because he skipped out on paying me a couple weeks so i told him i wasnt coming in til getting paid and just never heard back from him. Since then he said i stole from him(nothing to steal in that place), said a friend of mine held him up at gun point(heard it was a guy that drove out from the city, but dont know how true that was, but his store was def held up), talks trash about me daily. a few months after stopping working for him i started installing at bestbuy for some extra cash, worked there for a year and a half, and was doing some side jobs to make extra cash for people i knew. Well one of the guys went to him and was gonna purchase an alarm and i guess mike told the guy he would give him some $600 alarm and r/s for free if he wrote a statement and gave it to him and gave a copy to best buy basically telling them i was doing side jobs. So inevitably it got me fired because they asked me if it was true and i told them yea i had done installs for people i knew. I havent heard much about him lately though since im done at school out there. Guy is a total tool though. Ive had to fix soooo many of his employees installs and seen some crazy screwups that they have done. But then again i worked with a few people that didnt know what the hell they were doing at bbuy and had to fix their stuff too.

How often do you guys have meets? My last system w/ 2 alpine type r's in a fiberglass box w/ a viper 1200.1 hit 147.9 or 148.9(dont remember) last summer off a termlab meter. wasnt too bad for fiberglass box in my opinion, but i know there's tons of room for improvement.

pioneerpimp
05-28-2008, 12:44 AM
meets are once every 6 months or so that are in driving range. yea mikes a ****in moron. he is a waste of life.