PDA

View Full Version : Help with tweeter placement?

xhilr8n
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I have two sets of rsd 6.5"s components. I am installing one midwoofer in each door, however i am considering installing all the tweets in the front of the truck, i have an extended cab 05 nissan frontier, but the rear seats are removed etc, so no one can sit there.......Is there any reason, imaging or other, that i shouldn't do this? Would already have it done but i have been getting the doors deadened etc. this time around.

thanks for imput

Jason

BEAVER.989
05-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't even use the second set of tweets. Two sets up front will most likely be too bright.

Janobr
05-26-2008, 10:55 PM
i would imagine that if u placed them in 4 corners of the front part of the car then it wont be bad...

fbi90909
05-26-2008, 11:00 PM
i would imagine that if u placed them in 4 corners of the front part of the car then it wont be bad...

that would be nasty w/o any time correction along with volume control
if you have your heart set on using all 4 then run 2+2 as close to each other as possible. so if you want to put 2 tweets in your A pillar have then as close as you can, then do the same on the other side.
in all honesty if you give your tweets over 50W it's more than enough. i have a pair running off a profile AP400 giving roughly 55-60w and it more than enough for me. my highs do get high. lol

Alpineforever
05-27-2008, 01:06 AM
i can't imagine two pairs of the PG Tweets, with only ~93 watts it's sometimes just a little too bright for me...

I have no clue if this would work or how this would sound, but wouldn't it be cool if you had the second set in the B-pillar facing forward... although i can imagine their being a bit of cancellation and wierd amplifications... but I think tweets in the B-pillar would look cool. Maybe you should just mount them there and not hook them up to anything, but just mount them in the B-pillar and have em look cool