PDA

View Full Version : box for 12" TYPE X

RKPsk8er
05-24-2008, 12:10 PM
building a box for my friends type x. how much volume, port area and tuning would be best for some killer loud bass listening to mostly rap

Rawr-DQ
05-24-2008, 01:54 PM
http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWX-1243D.PDF

Rawr-DQ
05-24-2008, 01:57 PM
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6702/typexax5.jpg

far right is the 12"

tez4life
05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
PM Jco1385, he has a Type X in a 2.0 ported tuned to 30hz in his car and its a low end monster. But dont quote me on the box specs lol.

His sub is quite loud down low though..

audioarsonal
05-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Shouldn't this be in a different section???Meh....oh well.

babaganoush123
05-24-2008, 09:50 PM
2.3 cubes at 31hz. double baffle the front. it'll tear your trunk apart lol.

Rawr-DQ
05-24-2008, 10:27 PM
It's an SQ sub, not an SPL sub.

RKPsk8er
05-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Shouldn't this be in a different section???Meh....oh well.

sorry about that, I meant to put it in the enclosure help section. oh well.. when I build the box, I'll throw up some pics if that makes it any better. lol

Rawr-DQ
05-24-2008, 11:04 PM
No actually, you're getting banned like asap.

RKPsk8er
05-24-2008, 11:44 PM
haha funny. did someone really call it a SQ sub?

I totally wouldn't think that at all of the type X but I guess im wrong. ehh

Rawr-DQ
05-25-2008, 12:38 AM
HAHA

WTF

Why are type R's louder...why is the type x alpines the "SQ line"

What the **** do you know?

RKPsk8er
05-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I think the X's are louder than R's but require more power to do so.

I like your ignorant responses though. Are you like 12?

Rawr-DQ
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Would you like to see an spl sub?

Do you know what defines an spl sub?

Type X subs were geared more towards SQ, they are not an SPL sub.

RKPsk8er
05-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Would you like to see an spl sub?

Do you know what defines an spl sub?

Type X subs were geared more towards SQ, they are not an SPL sub.

I have seen SPL subs. As for a definition no, I don't know exactly what defines SPL other than the fact that its designed toward being loud over accurate.

I did read that the type X has great precise and SQ for being such a loud sub. I also believe the type X to be louder than type R's with the right amount of power.

I can handle being wrong but you don't have to be a douche about it. I started the thread to get information. Not to argue.

I don't really see what the point the argument is anyways. I just want to know a good combination of volume, port area, and tuning to make this sub pound hard and loud.

JL Audio
05-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I have seen SPL subs. As for a definition no, I don't know exactly what defines SPL other than the fact that its designed toward being loud over accurate.

I did read that the type X has great precise and SQ for being such a loud sub. I also believe the type X to be louder than type R's with the right amount of power.

I can handle being wrong but you don't have to be a douche about it. I started the thread to get information. Not to argue.

I don't really see what the point the argument is anyways. I just want to know a good combination of volume, port area, and tuning to make this sub pound hard and loud.

SPl = R
SQ = X

imo R is louder, owned both... a LOT of Rs. a few xs.

DejaWiz
05-25-2008, 09:23 PM
You'll want to stick to the recommended box sizes in the manual.

Rawr-DQ
05-25-2008, 11:40 PM

Yeah well I took it as an offense when you mocked me for calling it an SQ sub after I posted up the manufacturer's recommendations on box alignment and size, trying to help you.

RKPsk8er
05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah well I took it as an offense when you mocked me for calling it an SQ sub after I posted up the manufacturer's recommendations on box alignment and size, trying to help you.

I didn't mock you. I just didn't find it believeable. I even said I might be wrong in that same post.

I didn't realize that you were the same person who sent me the specs. thanks for those.