PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See Any Problems With This Enclosure?

808_bass
05-24-2008, 12:22 AM
does anyone see any reasons this enclosure wouldnt turn out? sorry about the no skills in sketchup..first time trying..let me know if anyone sees any problems please..see attached box design

808_bass
05-24-2008, 02:41 AM
is the link working? nobody have any thoughts..

dcole18
05-24-2008, 02:45 AM
looks pretty straightfoward to me... it wouldnt hurt to do 45's in the corners tho

JG903
05-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Isn't that more than 4 ft net? I really can't see it to well but I believe it is more around 5 ft.

808_bass
05-24-2008, 03:37 AM
i came up with approx 4 after port displacement...i may be wrong though..thats why im asking..thanks for the help....oh and ps 45's will be done..

PV Audio
05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Is it even an enclosure design, or a sketchup design?

808_bass
05-25-2008, 01:32 AM
its not the enclosure design. i made it in sketchup so that people could get a visual of what i was asking. i just wanted to know if the difference in distance of the subs to the port would make a difference.

PV Audio
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317538

ThatChevyGuy
05-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Well thats your opinion

PV Audio
05-25-2008, 02:37 PM
What is whose opinion of what?

ThatChevyGuy
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Your opinion that sketchup isnt for designing enclosures.
Design=VISUAL...

Mr Cabinetry
05-25-2008, 02:50 PM
OK, enough already, this ***** is gettin old.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
de·sign Audio Help /dɪˈzaɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-zahyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)

1. to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
2. to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
3. to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
4. to form or conceive in the mind; contrive; plan: The prisoner designed an intricate escape.
5. to assign in thought or intention; purpose: He designed to be a doctor.
6. Obsolete. to mark out, as by a sign; indicate.
–verb (used without object)
7. to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
8. to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
–noun
9. an outline, sketch, or plan, as of the form and structure of a work of art, an edifice, or a machine to be executed or constructed.
10. organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art; composition.
11. the combination of details or features of a picture, building, etc.; the pattern or motif of artistic work: the design on a bracelet.
12. the art of designing: a school of design.
13. a plan or project: a design for a new process.
14. a plot or intrigue, esp. an underhand, deceitful, or treacherous one: His political rivals formulated a design to unseat him.
15. designs, a hostile or aggressive project or scheme having evil or selfish motives: He had designs on his partner's stock.
16. intention; purpose; end.
17. adaptation of means to a preconceived end.

Mr Cabinetry
05-25-2008, 02:55 PM
PV Audio has a point as to when someone creates a post about the " DESIGN " of an enclosure, the poster does not convey in one form or another the context of the post.

Therefore, it a matter of folks confusing the definition of " design " vs " enclosure design program " which anyone describing as such " an enclosure design " can lead one to assume the latter, rather than the former.

In that context, I have to side with PV Audio that someone folks do as such confuse one with the other and they should define their posts as such.

PV Audio
05-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Your opinion that sketchup isnt for designing enclosures.
Design=VISUAL...How the hell is it my opinion that a program that recently came out and is made to draw housing and architecture is necessary when people have been designing enclosures since before computers were even thought of? It isn't necessary, and if you can't design one without it, you quite frankly have no business using it as you don't understand its benefits. Harsh, blunt, frank, arrogant, elitist, whatever you might want to call that or me, but it's complete fact: learn to design a box using a calculator and a piece of paper before you think that a 3D CAD program is even part of the process. It isn't even necessary.