PDA

View Full Version : How much power for koda6?



b0mbrman
05-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Just the mid...what's the ideal amount of power for these things? The site's not really helping me out :(

Re[Koda*, any, subject]

Wonderbread
05-23-2003, 03:53 PM
at least 75 watts to make them perform.

jlaine
05-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by b0mbrman
Just the mid...what's the ideal amount of power for these things? The site's not really helping me out :(

Re[Koda*, any, subject]

Ideal??

You only need about 5w to get them to cover the audible spectrum adequately -

50 watts and up will take them to their extremes depending upon install and filtering.

b0mbrman
05-23-2003, 11:36 PM
Hmmm...Ok, so say you had these

Two amps:
Autotek 4x100
Some random amp 4x75

7 speakers:
Dayton DSQ
2 Adire Kodas
2 Morel MR-55's
2 Focal TN-45's

Bridging 3, 4 of the Autotek for the DSQ is a given and the tweeters getting 75 each is pretty much assumed...

But would you give the Kodas (which will be mounted in-door, facing the center) 75 or 100 watts each?

The Morels would be facing the passengers...

MikeofTulsa
05-23-2003, 11:39 PM
first question why are you mixing componets??? generally they will have diff. xover slopes and cut off freq's...if im not mistaken wouldnt that cause cancelation or blank spots in the freq. range???? and i'd send them 100w per mid/tweet combo

b0mbrman
05-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Goddyd4me
first question why are you mixing componets??? generally they will have diff. xover slopes and cut off freq's...if im not mistaken wouldnt that cause cancelation or blank spots in the freq. range???? and i'd send them 100w per mid/tweet combo
Would it?

I'd cross the tweeters at 3500 and the Morel at 500...

b0mbrman
05-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by b0mbrman
Just the mid...what's the ideal amount of power for these things? The site's not really helping me out :(

Re[Koda*, any, subject] Oops...by "The site" I was referring to Adireaudio.com's page on the Kodas...this site has been very helpful ;)

MikeofTulsa
05-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by b0mbrman
Would it?

I'd cross the tweeters at 3500 and the Morel at 500...

i'd serously be weary about using diff. componet sets.....unless u were using one xover for them all or have them all set properly......

Wonderbread
05-24-2003, 08:38 PM
if you have yours x-overs set correctly, and are using one set as a midbass driver (which it would seem like you are doing...) Then you will be fine...
my question is, why would you limit the koda's so much? Their strength are their midbasses... no?