PDA

View Full Version : New classified rules?

Johnny Drama
05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
For or against these? Also if you think you have an idea to update please post.

INSTRUCTIONS: Sellers, please copy and paste the below questions into a new thread. Please edit your post when your item sells. You must complete the required questions otherwise your thread will be deleted without notice!

Start Copy
================================================== ========
1) [Name of Product and specifications goes here *Required]

2) [New, Used (for how long) or Refurbished *Required]

3) [Post an image of your product. Must be a picture of the actual product you own with your CA.com username included in the picture. *Required if the item is valued at $100 or more or offered for trade.

4) [Price or Trade *Required]

5) [Payment methods accepted *Required]

6) [Shipping methods *Required]

7) [Feedback ie. Ebay something similar. If you do not have feedback please state so. Do not leave this section blank! *Required]

8) [Additional comments about the item]
----------------------------------------------------------
Attention Buyers: Please do not offer less than what the original poster asked for unless they specify "Best Offer". If you have a question about the price of an item please private message the original poster.
================================================== ========
End Copy

SethPhillips
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
i think it should be sticky so that people know how to set up a for sell add, rather then it be a rule that you have to do it in that format....

connersdad19
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
i like the rules. so 1 vote yes lol.

tRidiot
05-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Sounds good to me.

ThatChevyGuy
I like conners ava.
All in favor say I

Johnny Drama
i think it should be sticky so that people know how to set up a for sell add, rather then it be a rule that you have to do it in that format....

Opinion noted and good idea ;)

LiquidClen
05-23-2008, 04:31 PM
yes, but I think instead of deleting it, a mod should post saying "24 hours to comply with format or thread will be deleted"

That's how a forum i used to frequent did it

themommyvan
05-23-2008, 04:31 PM
changed thread to this set up to comply

silvercookie
05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
only thing that shouldnt be required are shipping methods.

hemi=22s
05-23-2008, 04:33 PM
any chance of making it where u must have a certain number of posts before u can sell since there was a lot of ppl just creating new accoutns and rescamming

i like the format and think it should be implied

Johnny Drama
05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok Ill leave this up for discussion for the weekend and talk it over with the rest of the mods.

Ill read over the opinions and attempt to put the good ones to use.

Johnny Drama
any chance of making it where u must have a certain number of posts before u can sell since there was a lot of ppl just creating new accoutns and rescamming

Nope...only the admin can do that and he doesnt give a ****.

Supergumby5000
I think there should be heavy emphasis on everything listed up there, such as equipment name and accepted payments and whatnot, but maybe not make them required rules.

However, i think requiring pictures with username and date would be the best thing to happen to the classifieds.

Supergumby5000
05-23-2008, 04:35 PM

:word:

i frequent some forums that require a minimum 50 post count.

Supergumby5000
Nope...only the admin can do that and he doesnt give a ****.

:(

hemi=22s
oh well the formats good i agree on shipping method cause i use differnet methods depending on time, day and cost

crunktimes.com
05-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I think 50 or 100 posts to SELL would be a good idea, have seen a few other forums do it and would imagine it would deter a decent amount of scammers who can go to another board to post without having to wait.

tRidiot
05-23-2008, 04:36 PM
only thing that shouldnt be required are shipping methods.

Reason being???? I think is a good addition.

crunktimes.com
05-23-2008, 04:37 PM
All mods have to do is see if OP in classifieds has 50 posts and delete if not.

btdickey99
05-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I like the idea of having to have all those questions answered....except for shipping methods...

Idea for maybe the OP to state how quick he/she can/will ship

and I also like the idea of a phone number....but that can be kept thru pms

hemi=22s
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM

what if u buy on friday and have to have it mailed out sat no usps which i said i would ship by my house i would use ups

what if it was obo and u bargained a lower price i would use cheapest ship method possible if i ship from work ups
home usps no way to tell when someone will buy

Supergumby5000
05-23-2008, 04:41 PM
what if u buy on friday and have to have it mailed out sat no usps which i said i would ship by my house i would use ups

what if it was obo and u bargained a lower price i would use cheapest ship method possible if i ship from work ups
home usps no way to tell when someone will buy

huh?

tRidiot
05-23-2008, 04:41 PM
First of all, please speak Engrish....

And what's wrong with saying, "Shipping via USPS, FedEX, or UPS, whichever is cheapest," or saying "I only ship via FedEx for tracking and convenience purposes."

How would something like that be a bad thing?

hemi=22s
05-23-2008, 04:43 PM
First of all, please speak Engrish....

And what's wrong with saying, "Shipping via USPS, FedEX, or UPS, whichever is cheapest," or saying "I only ship via FedEx for tracking and convenience purposes."

How would something like that be a bad thing?

what he said

i'm drunk already weekend started early:cool:

newusername
05-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Well firstly, I'm thinking from a moderation standpoint this will be a pain for you guys. The rules right now are actually relatively sufficient....they're just not followed and painstaking to enforce.

I'm in complete support of a more regulated classifieds system if everyone is willing to work with it. The only thing I would add (which is a pet peeve of mine) is that sellers cannot say "If you're paying with Paypal, add 3%".

2002XLT
05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
i think the mininum post count would be 10X better then this, and maybe the screenname and date, but hell i dont even do that any more unless asked...

or maybe even trade rankings under screennames...

steveyhustle
05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
man thats 2 much work lol. haaha

Weeznur32
05-23-2008, 05:02 PM
yes, but I think instead of deleting it, a mod should post saying "24 hours to comply with format or thread will be deleted"

That's how a forum i used to frequent did it

I agree. Don't just delete it right away

silvercookie
05-23-2008, 06:14 PM

only cause it can vary at any givin time.
should be optional.

maldecido33
05-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Elaborate upon the [Price or Trade] section by having the seller list what specifically they are looking for in trades

SRim23
05-23-2008, 06:28 PM
is there a specific reason for the added new rules? the way i see it is a good/legit seller is going to go through the hassle and provide all this info anyway, most of the "scammers" are the ones that dont do all this stuff.

the way i see it these new rules might make it harder to spot scammers. when someone makes a shady FS thread with little info thats a clear indication for me not to even think about buying from them.

I'm legit so any rules that are made ill follow, just thought id give my .02 cents.

oldschool4me
05-23-2008, 06:51 PM
i think its fine the way it is for the most part. the only things i would think that would help a little is the minimum number of posts to list and maybe a ban for someone with repetitive negative feedback. oh and seller should give another means of contact besides the forum upon request. maybe deleting fs threads that are inactive for an X amount of days.

Randy Savage
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I think it looks good...just a matter of trying to moderate the section with the new rules..

Gold star for you, Justin.

duece212
05-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I think people should list the shipping method they will use. That way you know when your product will arrive. Also lets you know if you are getting a fair price including shipping and not paying average price and getting substandard shipping service/time (usps parcel post). Kind of ***** when you pay a good price and are used to a good ship company and you get stiffed with a week or week and a half ship time because somebody was cheap and went to the post office.

And I say no 24 hour warning on deletes...if people can't read a sticky before posting then *** em. Also that would double the workload on the mods to have to look at each thread atleast twice.

Injected54
05-23-2008, 11:02 PM
The only thing I would add (which is a pet peeve of mine) is that sellers cannot say "If you're paying with Paypal, add 3%".

I feel the same way, make it a flat fee and that's it. If they want their 3% add it into the price before they post, and post the total.

I like the new rules, when they goin into effect?

ngsm13
05-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Well firstly, I'm thinking from a moderation standpoint this will be a pain for you guys. The rules right now are actually relatively sufficient....they're just not followed and painstaking to enforce.

I'm in complete support of a more regulated classifieds system if everyone is willing to work with it. The only thing I would add (which is a pet peeve of mine) is that sellers cannot say "If you're paying with Paypal, add 3%".

WINRAR!!!

Can't even keep up with current rules. Not to mention we'll be deleting threads left and right...

nG

lilmaniac2
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I vote No, we tried this on CAJ and even with the limited amount of classifieds there it was almost unenforcable. Also it kinda ***** to have to follow that format, maybe require those things to be posted in it, but not in that format...

Flipx99
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Perhaps we can add the mods who were elected to police the classifieds.

I scan the classifieds everyday anyway....I wouldn't mind deleting them. I wouldn't "fix" them. Just delete them and send a PM with a link to the rukes.

Qbenjamin
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Good Ideas have been presented. There should be a minimum post count before you are able to sell something, but it is up to the buyer to try their luck with noobs to the site.

Nothing is ever that great of a deal for me to buy from someone who has a post count of 1, unless I am paying in person.

We as browsers of the classifieds sections, need to really be weary of who we buy from. Just because you have a picture of someone's username with a product doesn't mean that you are the only one they are trying to sell that same item to.

Johnny Drama
05-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Good Ideas have been presented. There should be a minimum post count before you are able to sell something, but it is up to the buyer to try their luck with noobs to the site.

Nothing is ever that great of a deal for me to buy from someone who has a post count of 1, unless I am paying in person.

We as browsers of the classifieds sections, need to really be weary of who we buy from. Just because you have a picture of someone's username with a product doesn't mean that you are the only one they are trying to sell that same item to.

I wish there was a way for us to "police" the classifieds further, but unfortunately we are doing all we can with what we are given. The admin wont limit the post count thread making...

:(

lilmaniac2
05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
The amount of for sale ad's here would make it pretty overwhelming for the mods, maybe flip is right, a dedicated classifieds mod

bumpin buick
05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I would take on that position as I am always in the classified section, that way the other mods can keep to there normal browsing

lilmaniac2
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I would take on that position as I am always in the classified section, that way the other mods can keep to there normal lounge posting

fixed

bumpin buick
05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
fixed

thanks

basssquared
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
fixed

I loled haha

Scoobydoo
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
non smokers should get a 5% discount on all sales

Megalomaniac
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
non smokers should get a 5% discount on all sales

what about the people who dont **** c0ck?

i voted yes

donpisto
05-29-2008, 11:47 PM
IMO, all that info should be posted. And people need to actually read the entire original post so they don't ask a question that has been answered.

snoopdan
05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
**** smokers should get a 5% discount on all sales

Edited for accuracy :fyi:

NMBR1SPT
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Or people with low posts should ship first??

blimblam
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
i think sintead of copying and pasting, it should be if you click new topic, they have all of those areas you just fill it in so we dont have to copy and paste this everytime, just simply click new thread and its already in tehre. thats what caj does.

djman37
05-30-2008, 12:13 AM

report that to paypal.

duece212
05-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Yup, sellers not being able to ask for paypal fees should be a new rule. If your a seller do the math and raise your selling price to account for it. If your selling a big ticket item account for it in your price but if your selling something for 50 bucks don't ask for the fees, if the dollar fifty is going to ***** the deal then keep your crap. Thats always been a pet peeve of mine as well.

DaGh0st
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I like these rules...+1 for yes

lilmaniac2
06-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Yup, sellers not being able to ask for paypal fees should be a new rule. If your a seller do the math and raise your selling price to account for it. If your selling a big ticket item account for it in your price but if your selling something for 50 bucks don't ask for the fees, if the dollar fifty is going to ***** the deal then keep your crap. Thats always been a pet peeve of mine as well.

who needs math when you have the internet

http://thefeecalculator.com/