PDA

View Full Version : 2 sets of componets

Cangri
05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I need some here guys. I'm not sure if I should buy 2 sets of componets, or just stick with one set and see how it works out. I guess I could upgrade later. IF I went with 2 sets would it make that big of a diffrence. The componets I plan on running are hertz mlk 165 in a 07 camry powered by a audison amp.

coledawg
05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
go with one in the front u will not be able to hear the second pair when ur in the car in the front

SRim23
05-19-2008, 09:47 PM
go with one in the front u will not be able to hear the second pair when ur in the car in the front
i wouldnt entirely agree with that. my girl has 2 sets of comps and you definately hear the difference.

i think if you absolutely want a front and rear stage just go comps in front and coax in back. with her comps in front and rear her highs are just too harsh for my liking.

Cangri
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Do anything for rear fill or is it just a waste? My goal is to just have a real loud front stage, so that's why i guess 2 sets up front would make a diffrence.

SRim23
05-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Do anything for rear fill or is it just a waste? My goal is to just have a real loud front stage, so that's why i guess 2 sets up front would make a diffrence.

ive never had experience with 2 sets up front but id imagine instead of buying 2 sets maybe just put all the money into 1 extremely good pair. thats what id do at least.

tez4life
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
If your goal is for a loud front stage, I would suggest either a nice high power comp set in the stock location in the doors, or a good set of comps in the doors and another set in the kick panels.

Some people will recommend you not to use both tweeters, but I personally feel thats up to the user.

Either way you go, some sound deading in those doors will go a long way in increasing you comps output by elimating road noise.

Cangri
05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Im going with hertz mlk 165's with a audison amp. Im going for a mix of sq/spl. What subs would fit that category and would 2 12's be to much. The brands I have come up with so far are JL, FI, RE, and ID. Just not sure which one would fit my goal. My price range is no more than 1,200 for the subs. I probably use a audison amp for the subs as well

"that boy asad"
05-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Im going with hertz mlk 165's with a audison amp. Im going for a mix of sq/spl. What subs would fit that category and would 2 12's be to much. The brands I have come up with so far are JL, FI, RE, and ID. Just not sure which one would fit my goal. My price range is no more than 1,200 for the subs. I probably use a audison amp for the subs as well

i would get the IDMax... it would be perfect with the audison 5.1k amp

zeed
05-22-2008, 05:09 AM
You seems like getting same set up with me. I'm thinking of Hertz MLK at front and HSK at rear. Just that I'll not have sub. I want Audison Amp also. :)