PDA

View Full Version : Speakers to run full-range under $100

title&registrat
05-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for a set of coaxials to run full-range; I don't want to bother with putting a sub in. I have a Jeep grand cherokee, stock infinity system right now. I will be replacing the head unit, amp, and speakers. I am looking at about $400 total for the whole system.

What I like so far:
Alpine HU, probably 9881.
Profile AP740.

I want to spend about 150 for the speakers total. I almost bought infinity kappas but after searching found out they have practically no midbass. I am now looking at the pioneer d series, and a few kicker speakers. Can you guys recommend a few similar brands with strong bass performance to look at? I want speakers that will be easy to drop in without having to fabricate brackets, 6x9s in the front and 6.5s in the back.

kross
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
The Pioneer REV coaxials are great. Some of the best coaxial speakers. However, I think they've been discontinued and replaced with the TS-D1602R model. I think. Someone else might know if those are indeed the new replacements. However, the old ones can still be had from online stores, and they sound great!

btdickey99
05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
ygpm

title&registrat
05-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I like the looks of the pioneers, but I think they are too deep to mount in a grand cherokee. The website says their mounting depth is 3.5", i think the jeeps has under 3. can anyone confirm this?

kross
05-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Can you use some 3/4" MDF as a spacer? How much clearance is there between the front of the speaker and the plastic door panel?

hoxie08
05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
i have some Treo TS 5.25 coaxials (3 ohm) that I would sell ya for good price. pm me if you're interested. got em for a friend and he keeps saying he'll buy them but never actually has...

title&registrat
05-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Can you use some 3/4" MDF as a spacer? How much clearance is there between the front of the speaker and the plastic door panel?

has anyone successfully done this in a jeep? I don't know what the clearance is. What brands besides pioneer have good bass response in their speakers?