PDA

View Full Version : Coaxial questions

mackin
05-17-2008, 01:23 AM
I just have a few quick questions about coaxials.

I am unfortunate enough to only have a 4" opening in my front doors for speakers. So I am looking for 4" coaxial speakers to replace the stock bose. I had my eye on some Focal 100CVX Polyglass coaxials and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them?

I was also looking to either get some 6X9's in the rear deck or 6.5's in the rear deck. If I have a sub to take care of the bass, would it be better to get the 6.5's in the back or the 6X9's?

Thanks in advance. :veryhapp:

WKD TC
05-17-2008, 01:57 AM
i put some hertz 4inch in my lotus

WKD TC
05-17-2008, 01:58 AM
i personaly think focal speakers are too harsh

kross
05-17-2008, 03:18 AM
You can fit any 6.5" speakers you want, with a Sawzall...

mackin
05-17-2008, 11:41 AM
i put some hertz 4inch in my lotus
do you have a link at all? i've never really looked into hertz.

You can fit any 6.5" speakers you want, with a Sawzall...
not sure my dad will be too into that one. not sure how long i'm keeping this car and i want to be able to sell it with the stock system.

Any other thoughts on the 6X9 vs 6.5's in the Rear Deck?

vario
05-17-2008, 12:32 PM
do you have a link at all? i've never really looked into hertz.

not sure my dad will be too into that one. not sure how long i'm keeping this car and i want to be able to sell it with the stock system.

Any other thoughts on the 6X9 vs 6.5's in the Rear Deck?

Depending on the subs you are running might be better to put nothing in the rear deck.

mackin
05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Depending on the subs you are running might be better to put nothing in the rear deck.

I'm thinking a Fi Q 12. but i want speakers in the rear deck because i don't think 4 inch coaxials will have enough output to keep up.

IDSkoT
05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm thinking a Fi Q 12. but i want speakers in the rear deck because i don't think 4 inch coaxials will have enough output to keep up.

It won't :fyi:.

Just make some baffles that put the magnets of a 6.5" in that 4" hole or something. Or just completely mount them outside of the door itself if you can't grind down the hole a bit for the magnet to go in.

mackin
05-17-2008, 04:59 PM
It won't :fyi:.

Just make some baffles that put the magnets of a 6.5" in that 4" hole or something. Or just completely mount them outside of the door itself if you can't grind down the hole a bit for the magnet to go in.

will my door panels still fit over the speaker?

kross
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
will my door panels still fit over the speaker?

It's quite possible, but every car is different. The only way to know for sure is to take the panel off and see.