PDA

View Full Version : Boston SPZ60 problem

bryantxii
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
All highs and no mids. im not getting any movement from the woofer. i know its playing because without the tweeter hooked up i still get sound but i theres no 1" xmax or any at all for that matter. if i place my finger on it i feel the vibration but i know theres supposed to be more than that. im using a zapco 350.2 to power them. possibly not enough power or what? i would still think 125 watts a side would get a little more movement and midrage

Echo42987
05-17-2008, 03:33 AM
sounds like you blew the speaker. When you push on the center of the cone is it stiff?

-Nick-

bryantxii
05-17-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah speakers are very stiff, wont move at all when i push them. whats that mean? i dont see how i could blow them both at teh exact same time first time ever being played. especially when i check all the connections and setting all seems to be right. im wondering if something is worng with my amp. theres the hp lp and full setting and maybe its somehow stuck in hp?

MrDave
05-17-2008, 02:46 PM
You are using a matching component set, and not a woofer and a tweeter from seperate sets? I trust you checked the wiring and independence of the speakers/amp. When you change teh HP LP and FULL settings nothing changes?

bryantxii
05-17-2008, 05:45 PM
yeah using the whole spz60 set. and def triple checked all the wiring and yeah when i switch the hp lp full setting on my amp the sound is the same. so amp problem?