PDA

View Full Version : need speaker reccommendation

djkev
05-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm a noob and I'm doing some searching as I type this but I thought I'd get a few more answers directed to my specific question if I posted a thread. I'm looking to get new front speakers for my 2000 Audi S4. It currently has the stock Bose speakers and amps with a Pioneer Avic D3 head unit. I'm really into sound quality and looking for something that would be comparable to my Home speakers (B&W 805s and Pioneer Elite Receiver)

I like neutral to warm type of sound with an emphasis with clarity and truthfulness. I really don't know how to explain it but those who have heard B&W know what I'm talking about. I'm thinking about going with some DLS UP5 (my Audi can only fit 5.25 in the front without modification) and the A7 5chn amp to run everything. I already have a UR10 sub from them that I really like. Are there anything else that I should look at? Rainbow seems to be a popular choice. I've heard a pair of Focals that sounded good. I'm not a big fan of MB Quarts or Diamond Audio. They sounded too harsh. Thanks for any info in advance!:)

benchambers80
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Just do a proper install, good dampening, and you should be happy.