PDA

View Full Version : Custom build for blow through Bandpass enclosure

mannyahles
05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I built a 4 ft3 box slot ported box for my new Tundra. I am not in love with the bass. I believe that I favor bandpass enclosures and have had quite a few in the past. Now I want to cut a hole in my $40k truck! I know...crazy but that's me. Then I could have the seat able to be fully adjusted in the back.

I read recently on a site and I have always known that some subs are not made for bandpass enclosures. I happen to have 2 Orion HP's that fit this category. Does any one know off hand what details makes a good bandpass sub? You have to divide 2 numbers and if its close to 100 then it will make for a good bandpass sub......????

Next, what are some bandpass woofer choices? I may go with one 12 or two 12's in a 3 chamber enclosure. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thx!

mannyahles
05-16-2008, 02:59 AM
Anyone? There has to be some bandpass lovers out there that can help out!

mannyahles
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
So many bandpass gurus on this forum and no help/suggestions? Maybe everyone is on vacation? HELP!!! :furious:

m48xhp
05-17-2008, 01:29 AM
there is such a thing as a 'bandpass lover'??? :D

I dont think a bandbass will work as you want in a Tundra. I have a Tundra and I am going sealed.

NightDrifter05
05-17-2008, 01:38 AM
PM 80INCHES ...he knows about bandpass designs and all that so he might be able to help you with the subs...

JG903
05-17-2008, 01:40 AM
You have a new truck. Don't do it. I have a blowthrough with a bandpass, but my truck is a 99 model, not a new one. I went with a blowthrough to get full access of my backseat. You want more bass, just get better subs, box and more power.

blackbonnie
05-17-2008, 01:43 AM
x2m, i wouldnt run it on that new of a truck. get a project truck for that

adas
05-17-2008, 02:47 AM
I say do it, but really if your going to cut a hole you might as well do it big, and that means at least 2 15's or 4 12's....being a bandpass lover, is it a 4th or 6th order your looking for?

eboutin88
05-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Check out the JBL W12 GTi MKII, in the owners manual they have section for building a box for sound quality and there is a bandpass enclosure design. The sealed section is 1.5^3 and the ported section is 2.0^3. I don't remember the size of the port of hand but I will be getting this done in my G6 porting through the 6X9 holes on the 26th and the 27th of this month so I will let you know how they sound. Right now they are in a ported box and the bass is straight ridiculous. I get migraines quick. I am powering them with about 2500 watts RMS. So far they are taking it. Check them out. PRICY BUT WORTH IT

mannyahles
05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
My bass was poor but I was using the stock HU and a line out converter. The system sounded blah and I replaced the Hu with a Clarion DVD and the highs, mids and bass came alive! What an amazing difference. The bass is solid and deep. I wont even need to a new box. :crazy: