PDA

View Full Version : Where to put tweeters?

PuZo
05-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I got the Pheonix gold rsd's and just want to know where should I put the tweets? I have a camry, so can i put them in the back?

Also how does hooking up the equalizer work? Do I hookup the speaker and tweet to the same crossover? Thanks

kovemaster559
05-15-2008, 01:35 PM
yeah u could hook to same xover

PuZo
05-15-2008, 02:19 PM

so then I would have 4 wires going into 1 crossover and 2 going into the amp? If I have a 4 channel amp, would I have to bridge 2 channels then?

donpisto
05-15-2008, 02:23 PM
In the back? why would you put theters in the back? I'd put them in the A pillars.

fbi90909
05-15-2008, 02:33 PM
put the tweets as close ot the 6.5 or w/e size driver you have as possible.
run 1 pair of wires from your 4 channel amp all the way to the location of where you are mounting your speaker. hook it up to the input of the cross over.
then take a new set of wire and hook it up to the woofer portion of the cross over, then from there to your driver. then get another set of wire and run it fromt he tweet position of the cross over to your tweet.
do the same thing onto the other side.
it would be easier and would require you to use less wire if you position the cross over onto the door. if you put the cross over in the trunk near your amp you'll be running 4 sets of wires all the way to the position of the speakers. if you set the crossovers in the doors then you will just be running 2 sets of wires from the amp location to the cross over.
as for hooking up an equalizer you need to tell us what kind it is. does it have RCA input with RCA output? if it does then you put the equalizer in between the RCA line that goes from Head unit to Amp. so it would look liek this. headunit- RCA - Equalizer - RCA - AMP.
you set you Head units acoustic settings to flat, and adjust the audio with the EQ to your liking.
but before you mess with the EQ, set the gains on your amp correctly. then adjust your EQ.

PuZo
05-16-2008, 11:45 AM
I dont think it has rca, just regular cables. Where do I put the crossover? Is it safe to put it close to the speaker?

350zspl
05-16-2008, 11:59 AM
yes crossover can go next to speaker
not an issue

i usually put crossovers by the amp

to avoid putting them in door panel and slamming the doors with crossovers in them

SethPhillips
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
yes crossover can go next to speaker
not an issue

i usually put crossovers by the amp

to avoid putting them in door panel and slamming the doors with crossovers in them

ive got my x over's in the trunk allso. then ran wire's off to the front door's for the tweet's and woofer's.

donpisto
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Or if your head unit has the capability of adjusting crossover points and slopes, run the mids and tweeters directly to the amp and ditch the crossovers and adjust via the head unit.

PuZo
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Okay, well what if my tweeters cable is too short? Do I have to take it apart and attach a new longer one, or can I just *extend* it? Im thinking of soldering both points together to make it longer. Is that a good idea?

James Bang
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I got the Pheonix gold rsd's and just want to know where should I put the tweets? I have a camry, so can i put them in the back?

Also how does hooking up the equalizer work? Do I hookup the speaker and tweet to the same crossover? Thanks

so then I would have 4 wires going into 1 crossover and 2 going into the amp? If I have a 4 channel amp, would I have to bridge 2 channels then?

WTF?!

jacka
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah you would just splice some wire together.. you cant really ask where to put your tweet, we don't know how it will sound like in your car. the best thing you can do is probably get double sided and try out different spots and see which one you like best according to your ears.

James Bang
05-16-2008, 02:38 PM
reading the owner's manual usually helps

PuZo
05-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Okay, well what if my tweeters cable is too short? Do I have to take it apart and attach a new longer one, or can I just *extend* it? Im thinking of soldering both points together to make it longer. Is that a good idea?

so can i or not? thanks

bigbangtheory
05-17-2008, 08:57 AM
I made 3/4" baffles for my Rsd's as my Focus doors have no room to flush mount the tweeters. So mid and tweet are in factory location. I wanted to put my tweets in the A Pillars, but for now this will do. I still have the other side to do, lol!

Louisiana_CRX
05-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I made 3/4" baffles for my Rsd's as my Focus doors have no room to flush mount the tweeters. So mid and tweet are in factory location. I wanted to put my tweets in the A Pillars, but for now this will do. I still have the other side to do, lol!

you sound like me on projects...lol

Alpineforever
05-18-2008, 02:13 AM
I have my tweeters on the dash mounted under the front windshield... haven't heard them yet cuz I'm having problems with my pre-outs on my head unit... but hopefully i got good imaging

donpisto
05-18-2008, 04:17 AM
I have my tweeters on the dash mounted under the front windshield... haven't heard them yet cuz I'm having problems with my pre-outs on my head unit... but hopefully i got good imaging

I recommend getting a dash mat if you're doing this. It will make a big difference. I have my tweeters there currently and I can notice a difference since there is reflection without the dash mat.

bigbangtheory
05-18-2008, 08:15 AM
you sound like me on projects...lol

You have kids too? Seems to take up all my extra free time I used to have. :(

Got them in though and I am sure you know what I mean about there being no room to flush mount the tweets in the doors. ;)

Alpineforever
05-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I recommend getting a dash mat if you're doing this. It will make a big difference. I have my tweeters there currently and I can notice a difference since there is reflection without the dash mat.

Yeah I got a dash mat man, and I got the tweeters goin today, Sounds so awesome, I was pretty impressed, but it's my first set of tweeters ever, and my first experience with non stock speakers, so literally anything would have impressed me... At least when I lost my tweeter virginity it didnt hurt...

donpisto
05-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Lol. My Lanzar TCS was a huge upgrade from the stock, then I went to the DLS Iridiums, though they seemed a bit harsh for me being that they were silk, I love the Zapcos though. I really wish I could get my hands on a pair of XT19's, but it's pretty impossible to find those.