PDA

View Full Version : Dynaudio 242 Gt

basebalz13
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
anyone here run these or know if they are good, also are they dynaudios top of the line for 2 way sets?

ToyTundra
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
good is subjective, but i am happy with my older version of those (system 240 MKII). The more power they get the better. There is always another tier of performance but those are generally considered towards the top.

6spdcoupe
05-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Excellent set that will rival and/or exceed many others.

No it is actually not their 'top of the line' though.

Innovative:Cory
05-19-2008, 02:32 AM
esoteric is regular line...esotar is high end...

ToyTundra
05-19-2008, 02:45 AM
No it is actually not their 'top of the line' though.

i meant in terms of other brands, but good call. :cool:

basebalz13
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
well i landed a sponsorship thats gettin me them for 450

basebalz13
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
so i hope i made a good choice in gettin them

05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Who have you talked to a Dynaudio? Last I knew Dynaudio doesn't do sponsorships... Who is arranging this for you?

6spdcoupe
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Who have you talked to a Dynaudio? Last I knew Dynaudio doesn't do sponsorships... Who is arranging this for you?

They don't, so Im assuming this is through a local dealer.

BLACKonBLACK98
05-20-2008, 11:07 PM
whats up on a sponsorship don? i will ***** myself out for a 182 and a couple sets of c-mass coaxials.

05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
They don't, so Im assuming this is through a local dealer.

Exactly... Last time I talked with Emilios they can honestly care less about competitors who are winning world championships with their products.. so giving out a sponsorship to someone who doesn't even know if they are good product seems like it would be a bad decision....

A dealer could be doing it.... I would check and make sure they are an authorized dealer...and that it is a set of "real" dyn's and not the fake stuff you can buy online....

6spdcoupe
05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
whats up on a sponsorship don? i will ***** myself out for a 182 and a couple sets of c-mass coaxials.

LMAO neither of them would do it though. Try a different route bud. ;)

6spdcoupe
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Exactly... Last time I talked with Emilios they can honestly care less about competitors who are winning world championships with their products.. so giving out a sponsorship to someone who doesn't even know if they are good product seems like it would be a bad decision....

A dealer could be doing it.... I would check and make sure they are an authorized dealer...and that it is a set of "real" dyn's and not the fake stuff you can buy online....

Actually he/they are quite supportive, just don't care to discount products to entice people into using them. People that use them should want to use them.

basebalz13
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
i know about DYNAUDIO thank you very much im just not familar with the newer stuff, and no its not str8t from DYNAUDIO its from a dealer, i just wanted to know if people are doing good with the GT's or not because im trying to win a championship

6spdcoupe
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
i know about DYNAUDIO thank you very much im just not familar with the newer stuff, and no its not str8t from DYNAUDIO its from a dealer, i just wanted to know if people are doing good with the GT's or not because im trying to win a championship

I'm not sure who you are directing this towards, but with that type of attitude do not expect to get too many helping hands.

05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Dynaudio won 4 world champinships in Meca alone last year....

Amateur world champion
Street world champion
Modified world champion
Modex + world champion....

And several other top 5 finishes at Meca 07 world finals alone...plus titles in the other orgs....

Yes they will discount product, but from the mouth of Emilios himself...they dont care about competition use at all.... They say the entire car audio competition doesn't present their product in a good light....(maybe all the negativity that comes with spl)..... but yeah he told me he would give me a deal on the 182's if I wanted them for my doors....

6spdcoupe
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Dynaudio won 4 world champinships in Meca alone last year....

Amateur world champion
Street world champion
Modified world champion
Modex + world champion....

And several other top 5 finishes at Meca 07 world finals alone...plus titles in the other orgs....

Yes they will discount product, but from the mouth of Emilios himself...they dont care about competition use at all.... They say the entire car audio competition doesn't present their product in a good light....(maybe all the negativity that comes with spl)..... but yeah he told me he would give me a deal on the 182's if I wanted them for my doors....

They also did fairly well USACi and will do better this year with the Esotars there. :)

basebalz13
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure who you are directing this towards, but with that type of attitude do not expect to get too many helping hands.

sorry if i offended anyone but someone telling everyone that i dont know jack about this product and shouldnt be recieving it, then they can go on somewhere, i just hadnt heard the 242 gt's and was wondering who had them and how they like and also wondering what size enclousure they had

6spdcoupe
05-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Just curious though, which dealer is doing this with you? Also are the other products in your vehicle being changed as well?

Hoodlum007
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Dyn makes excellent speakers for car as well as home audio. The 242GT are very power hungry so make sure you feed them plenty of power.

basebalz13
05-23-2008, 12:29 AM
its 12voltz, i just got them installed today all i can is WOW!!!!!,

basebalz13
05-23-2008, 12:30 AM
they gonna get 175 watts apiece

basebalz13
05-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Just curious though, which dealer is doing this with you? Also are the other products in your vehicle being changed as well?

what do you mean?

6spdcoupe
05-23-2008, 12:34 AM
its 12voltz, i just got them installed today all i can is WOW!!!!!,

Ok, so it was Rob. Im glad to see he is doing good with the line.

6spdcoupe
05-23-2008, 12:36 AM
what do you mean?

Just judging by what you have listed product wise in your profile and the statement above regarding going out and winning championships. One would assume by this thread your attempting to go into the SQ lanes for judging, but the profile looks otherwise. Just wanted to clarify which route your taking.

basebalz13
05-23-2008, 12:47 AM
yea i do SQ and SPL

6spdcoupe
05-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Its good to see the younger generation getting into SQ nowadays. You will eventually appreciate it more over time and lean away from the SPL click. It is what pure music enjoyment is about.

Hats off to Rob for leaning you in this direction. We can certainly use more like that in this industry.

Disclaimer: Im not in any way 'knocking' the bassheads. It is just not my thing and Ive learned over the years that I want to keep my hearing and appreciate the music I play that much more.

basebalz13
05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
lol actually im really really getting into teh SQ stuff, its just a new thing for me, ive already learned alot about the SPL and now the SQ is a new project for me, but yeah in my profile thats mostly what i have ill go back and edit it, but yeah im going for the world championship, i got a couple tricks up my sleve hehe 20,000+ watts hehe