PDA

View Full Version : DLS Ultimate Nobelium 6.5"

frkkevin
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Anyone have any input on these? I've been running them for a while on my nine.4 and they only thing lacking is midbass. I mean its there, just not where I'd like it. The amp only does 65rms x 4 so I was wondering if it is a power issue?

Currently I'm running active with an Alpine CDA-9887 with the imprint tuning kit. Everything sounds amazing, just wondering if I need more power on the mids to make them come alive. Id not I'll be buying some dedicated midbass drivers.

DejaWiz
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Could be a power issue. Have you tried running them passive while bridging the amp? What are your filters set at for them?

donpisto
05-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Possibly power, but then again it is DLS. I used to have the Iridium 6.5's running active. I had a PDX 4.150 on them and the gains were all the way down, they got quite loud just the way it was and I didn't bother to adjust the gain. Same thing here, not enough midbass. I know for the Iridiums though, that is standard. They do have some midbass, but not what I was looking for. I went with the Zapco CK mids and noticed a huge difference. The DLS have a more warm sound to them and that's probably the reason why they lack midbass.