PDA

View Full Version : who's done a blow through?

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking about doing it to my current truck then driving it till the wheels fall off :p:

I want to see some pictures before i go through with it.

RAM_Designs
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I did it with my current truck...not hard to do really. I don't have any pics though. :(

The only problem I'm having now is that my current setup is literlly breaking the weld seams from when the hole in the bed was reattached.

snfsh79077
05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I havent done it yet but plan to this summer....my theory though is go big or dont go at all lol

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I did it with my current truck...not hard to do really. I don't have any pics though. :(

The only problem I'm having now is that my current setup is literlly breaking the weld seams from when the hole in the bed was reattached.

so you've been there and back again? I'm guessing this because having that reattached would make it hard for a blow through lol.

what was the cost to have it cut? then you just kept the metal and welded it back on?

RAM_Designs
05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
so you've been there and back again? I'm guessing this because having that reattached would make it hard for a blow through lol.

what was the cost to have it cut? then you just kept the metal and welded it back on?

I don't remember how much it cost, but yes, I kept the metal and just had them reattach it when I was ready to go a different direction.

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't remember how much it cost, but yes, I kept the metal and just had them reattach it when I was ready to go a different direction.

that sounds easy enough. I've got a friend whos dad owns a body shop so i'm sure he could hook me up :)

seedubs1
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
what was the cost to have it cut?

If you have a saw.....It would be free;)

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM
If you have a saw.....It would be free;)

well i would want it done right,

someone with a blowtorch and doing it right > me with a saw taking hours

01 S 10
05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
check this out...

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/blow-through-build-log-291662/

very informative. It will decrease the re-sell value, but in your case your gonna keep it for a lonnng time i guess. good luck

Cody

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
check this out...

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/blow-through-build-log-291662/

very informative. It will decrease the re-sell value, but in your case your gonna keep it for a lonnng time i guess. good luck

Cody

that answers a lot of questions, but he did it wrong i think. I want to have the box coming into the cabin about an inch so i KNOW there will be no moisture getting to my subs lol

01 S 10
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I agree, I would have a tonneau cover on the bed first, and also not just put bed liner on the box. It would have to be sealed better than that.

But i figured it would give you a general idea of some aspects of it.

bunkerking09
05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree, I would have a tonneau cover on the bed first, and also not just put bed liner on the box. It would have to be sealed better than that.

But i figured it would give you a general idea of some aspects of it.

all he did was put bedliner on the box?:confused::confused::confused:

i'm gonna make it impossible for anyone to steal. I think i'm going to put the sheet metal around it so it would take some serious drilling to get anywhere