PDA

View Full Version : First system, need suggestions

crunch5868
05-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Ok im only 17 and this is my first system that Ive put in a car. Right now i have a sony CDX-GT81UW head unit powering my 2 stock front door speakers w/ 2 stock tweeters in the dash and 2 cheap audiobahns in the back doors. I have 2 stock subs in the back which im not going to worry about now. I plan on putting a pair of Alpine SPR-17C's in the fronts and then getting an amp to power them. Im thinking about just powering the two front alpines since these need a lot of power and then upgrading the subs so i got the front stage and rear subs. I know components sound better but i dont have the money for it, are these speakers a good call ($83) and what brand of a good quality and powerful 4-channel amp should i get. ive been looking at kickers.

also the rype r coax's have the same woofers and tweeters as the equivalent alpine component system for $100 less.

any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks

coledawg
05-13-2008, 12:15 AM
the PG

coledawg
05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
the PG RSDS are raved on this forum they are component and can be have for cheap alot better than coaxil speaker and because of price increase you can get a 2 channel like hifonics that will be cheaper than a kicker and you can get a better amp later

morgans432
05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
what i really can't read that just tear everything out and start over

crunch5868
05-13-2008, 02:38 PM
where can i pick up a set of these pg's.

Supergumby5000
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
try ebay, but i dont reccomend buying from indoaudio or hifisoundconnection. there was a past problem with them selling the PG's, but not having them in stock (and therefore, shipping took FOREVER)

bigbangtheory
05-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I think they have them dirtcheap at Audiosavings.com. Not sure on the link as I might have misspelled it or worded it wrong. They can be had for 88 smacks shipped I believe. I have a set waiting to go in and paid 80 for mine BNIB off this site. So might find a better deal in the classifieds here.