PDA

View Full Version : Using my SAX100.4 active

01 S 10
05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
As stated, I am running my Sundown 100.4 active currently. Powering PG RSD mids and Power Acoustik NB-2 (i think) tweeters. I have the tweeters on channels 1 & 2 with high-pass on of course, but for the mids, ch 3 & 4, should I run "full" or "high-pass"? I have experimented with both, and both sound good, but when it is on full-range, it does sound better, and slightly louder im assuming because it is picking up more freq's. But, when I have my subwoofer up, the bass crackles a lot in the mids when on "full" instead of "high-pass". And it does not do it on "high-pass" of course.

-So should I keep the mids on "full" or put them on "hp".

I am tempted to reconnect the passive crossovers, but I like the flexibility of adjusting everything while Active.

-Also, I do not have any other EQ devices right now, should i look into an equilizer to help make adjusting easy and more accurate?

sonic purity
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
does your head unit have a hp filter built in? I have an alpine and it has a built in hp/sub crossover. So if that is set then you dont need the crossover on the amp.

sundownz
05-12-2008, 11:23 AM
As stated, I am running my Sundown 100.4 active currently. Powering PG RSD mids and Power Acoustik NB-2 (i think) tweeters. I have the tweeters on channels 1 & 2 with high-pass on of course, but for the mids, ch 3 & 4, should I run "full" or "high-pass"? I have experimented with both, and both sound good, but when it is on full-range, it does sound better, and slightly louder im assuming because it is picking up more freq's. But, when I have my subwoofer up, the bass crackles a lot in the mids when on "full" instead of "high-pass". And it does not do it on "high-pass" of course.

-So should I keep the mids on "full" or put them on "hp".

I am tempted to reconnect the passive crossovers, but I like the flexibility of adjusting everything while Active.

-Also, I do not have any other EQ devices right now, should i look into an equilizer to help make adjusting easy and more accurate?

Adjust the subsonic to bring up the HPF on the mids. It is always active.

You should have the mids on LPF and x10 to cut out the top end over their clean range, this should be set to around the same as the tweeter HPF.

tcguy85
05-12-2008, 11:23 AM
use a hp!

helotaxi
05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
use a hp!

The SSF is a HP. It is adjustable up plenty high to work as a HP for the mids, freeing up the x-over on the mid channels to be used to LP the mids making a set of bandpassed channels. I would think that the guy who designed them, who posted one above yours and said the same thing as me would know best.

tcguy85
05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
The SSF is a HP. It is adjustable up plenty high to work as a HP for the mids, freeing up the x-over on the mid channels to be used to LP the mids making a set of bandpassed channels. I would think that the guy who designed them, who posted one above yours and said the same thing as me would know best.

X2!

RAM_Designs
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
wish I had a 100.4 to match my 1500D... :(

helotaxi
05-13-2008, 05:47 AM
^^^Just bought 3 SAX-100.2s to match my 1500.1 :) The sale that Jacob had going was basically buy 2 get one free, so I couldn't pass that up now could I?

01 S 10
05-13-2008, 08:41 AM
is the sale still going on for the 100.2's? I want one to match my 100.4 and 1500 lol, to run my tweeters just off that. I think I am going to upgrade and run 4 Dayton 7"s.

sundownz
05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
is the sale still going on for the 100.2's? I want one to match my 100.4 and 1500 lol, to run my tweeters just off that. I think I am going to upgrade and run 4 Dayton 7"s.

It ended March 20th.

01 S 10
05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
:crying: