PDA

View Full Version : The right componet speakers

Cangri
05-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Im in between a couple brands right now, and im just looking for some help as to what speakers would be better suited for me. My main listen choice for music is Rap/R&B but i listen to just about every genre. I want a speaker that is loud and going to be able to compete with 2 JL W7 "12's

1. Focal 165 K2
2. Boston Acoustic Pro60/ SPZ60 not sure which one is better
3. Dynaudio 242GT
4. Morel

king ranch
05-11-2008, 02:32 PM
also wondering the same thing have u looked at dls

Cangri
05-11-2008, 02:36 PM
No I havent just moved to savannah,ga from san diego and I can tell you that they only carry low end car audio here.

king ranch
05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
yea i was wondering the same thing i dont have any places to hear comps as well and i was wondering about polk momo's, cdt's, and mb quarts

Pl8er
05-11-2008, 02:40 PM
What amp are you going to be running?

Cangri
05-11-2008, 02:40 PM
The only thing i heard is that both morel and dynaudio are kick *** speakers but **** when listening to rap and other distorted music

Cangri
05-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Not really sure I was looking at the digital alpine amps just because of space, but i have always used jl amps.

mokedaddy
05-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Im in between a couple brands right now, and im just looking for some help as to what speakers would be better suited for me. My main listen choice for music is Rap/R&B but i listen to just about every genre. I want a speaker that is loud and going to be able to compete with 2 JL W7 "12's

1. Focal 165 K2 = harsh in your face sound
2. Boston Acoustic Pro60/ SPZ60 not sure which one is better = both nice but take a good amount of power to sound their best
3. Dynaudio 242GT = very nice
4. Morel = which morels are you looking at?

These are my opinions on them.

The only thing i heard is that both morel and dynaudio are kick *** speakers but **** when listening to rap and other distorted music

This is only true if its a crappy recording or if set up incorrectly.

Cangri
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
the elates or supremos not really sure. Which brand speakers would be better suited u think for my music choice.

mokedaddy
05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
It depends on your preference of what good music sounds like, install, amps and power.

By music preference I mean some like a harsher louder sound (can be described as more accurate sound from metal dome tweeters , more laid back softer sound usually found in fabric tweeters or relatively neutral which is somewhere in between.

Cangri
05-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I like loud and clear at high volume and a speaker that can take a beating. My previous speakers have been boston pro's and a set of jl 3ways and i felt that they werent lod enough.

mokedaddy
05-11-2008, 03:27 PM
How much power are you running and where are they going to be installed? What kind of vehicle may help as well.

Also loud is relative so how much power were you running previously? There is only two ways to get 'loud' More power, more speakers. :)

Cangri
05-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Into a 07 camry. Im maping out my system now but so far I have a alpine w205 head unit and 2 jl w7 12's. Im looking for really good sounding speakers, but the problem im haveing is most places either dont carry all the brands im intrested in or they dont have them setup so it defeats the point of listening to the speaker to find out wich one sounds better to me. So I figured i get some opinions first. The only thing i've heard is that morel and dynaudio are great speakers but they dont sound good playing rap and other distorted music.

mokedaddy
05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Well when you figure out install options and power let me know and I will try and help you further.

Any speaker will sound like crap if installed incorrectly or sent a dirty signal. Or tuned incorrectly.

Macklessdaddy
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
No I havent just moved to savannah,ga from san diego and I can tell you that they only carry low end car audio here.

You left Daygo for Georgia:crap:

PaulD
05-11-2008, 06:06 PM

It's not so much that they **** per se ..... they just show up the low quality recordings when installed and tuned properly.

distantbliss
05-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Into a 07 camry. Im maping out my system now but so far I have a alpine w205 head unit and 2 jl w7 12's. Im looking for really good sounding speakers, but the problem im haveing is most places either dont carry all the brands im intrested in or they dont have them setup so it defeats the point of listening to the speaker to find out wich one sounds better to me. So I figured i get some opinions first. The only thing i've heard is that morel and dynaudio are great speakers but they dont sound good playing rap and other distorted music.

Check out this place it's probably an hour and a half south of Savannah on I 95.

http://shop.tech12volts.com/main.sc