PDA

View Full Version : Which would you do? DLS, MOREL, HERTZ

hemi4me?
05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Lets say you had these items readily available... The DLS 8.3i for $600.00, the HERTZ HSK163 for $520.00 and the Morel Elate 9 for $750-800. These are all things I can get, and I was wondering what the choice would be?

I like the Morel, but the price is a lil more than I want to go... I like the DLS because I really want mid bass, and the 8 sounds like it would do the trick. The HERTZ and the DLS has a adjustment on the xover for the midd and tweet and 3" which is nice. I want to use a 4 channel amp bridged at 2 channels, and many of the ams I am looking at will give me like 150wx2 at least.

Take the poll lets see how these do...

http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_83

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm

http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_3way_elate.html

tcguy85
05-11-2008, 01:01 PM
try them all!!!! :)

filtor1
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM
+1. No way we can tell you preferences. Audition them.

hemi4me?
05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Problem is NO ONE has them ... On display I mean, and no friends have anything higher end than JL LOL

tcguy85
05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
boo, thats always the problem, you pretty much now days have to just rely on reading reviews online and hoping you can EQ them to sound the way you like. it's tough, i know.

that why i bought the speakers i currently have. it was a low risk being just under 100 bucks. i was happy at first because it was a huge improvement over stock. then as i began to listen a little closer i was more like "meh" lol. then instead of swapping out speakers again and again, i bought a HU with A LOT more processing power and a huge amp and made it work. took a good bit of tuning but i'm happy with it.

thats the risk you gotta take, just have to decide on how big or expensive of a risk you need to take.

bigbangtheory
05-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Well could always take the lenghty way and costly, but you would be able to get the ones you like, lol! Buy them and if you don't like them, sell them here or eghey or where ever and try the next set.

I know, pretty lame, just trying to help.

bamaboy
05-11-2008, 05:07 PM
how hard to you want to work to fit a 8 or 9"?

the hsk 165's i listened to sounded very nice, the 3way set uses a different woofer, all should sound very nice, i voted on the hertz because its alot of work for a 8 or 9" in doors

hemi4me?
05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I have 6x9 in there now, and my last car was also a 300c and 8s fit fine!

PaulD
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
8" or 9" midbass is AWESOME .... but you will have to severely deaden the doors

hemi4me?
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Yah I was going to do that anyway...

Ugh... decisions...

hertz are the cheapest.

headless
05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Even if you deaden the crap out of the doors, an 8" driver producing lots of bass is going to rattle the **** out of your window tracks etc. and those are almost impossible to deaden (without tearing your door apart and lining everything with ****ing felt). Even the power line CS with 7 inch drivers can rattle the doors pretty excessively... I'd go with the hertz.

Innovative:Cory
05-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Even if you deaden the crap out of the doors, an 8" driver producing lots of bass is going to rattle the **** out of your window tracks etc. and those are almost impossible to deaden (without tearing your door apart and lining everything with ****ing felt). Even the power line CS with 7 inch drivers can rattle the doors pretty excessively... I'd go with the hertz.

I have a Dynaudio MW172 (8") in my doors..... and no rattles.....and tons of sub/midbass.... I also have 4 layers of dynamat extreme and 2 layers of stinger overkill foam on my doors....plus a layer of each on the plastic panel itself...but no rattles....

And did I mention this is in an Eclipse? Really thin metal....

headless
05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
That's great; apparently the window components in an eclipse don't rattle - i'm not talking about the door itself nor the plastic panels, but the power window rails and components. I've got 3 layers of dynamat extreme in my doors...and it doesn't matter - why? because you can't put dynamat on moving window parts.

btw, what x-over & slopes are you running?

2006C230
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I am using two sets of Morel Elate 6 3ways in a 5.1 system. These are really fine speakers. I was able to get the mid and tweet into the center channel location with a Morel Ovation 4" as well. I tried to run the 9" woofer but the door would not accommodate it. I highly recommend these speakers if you can afford them and I do sound mixing for Film as a profession.

hemi4me?
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Well....

LOL

I ended up with something not on the list. The Dynaudio 7,4,1

Its the 360

caligirl2k
05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
:popcorn: