PDA

View Full Version : What else do I need?

burtonsnow83
05-19-2003, 11:50 AM
After months of searching and almost having enough money this is what i plan on getting, can anyone tell me if I am missing anything?

h/u Alpine: cda-9815 with 10 gauge wire to connect to batter with V-drive amp

Scosche wiring harness-

Scosche-Double Din adapter-

comps: Infinity refernce 6000s 6 1/2s-

amp for comps: Us Acoustic usx2050-

amp installation kit for amp-

subwoofer: re xxx 15-

amp:( huge toss up here, jbl 1200.1((ssf with this amp)), maybe an re 35-1 or any other 1200+ watt amp)-

amp installation kit: knukonceptz 4 gauge amp isntallation kit-

box: custom made 4 cube box at 33 hz-

60-100 sq ft of sound deadener-

all in a 2002 xterra-

If you guys can think of anything else that is essntial please tell me, I have already taken into consideration a new battery and alt, but don't know if I NEED them right now, for one I don't know the rating on my alterantor.

paikiah
05-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by burtonsnow83
After months of searching and almost having enough money this is what i plan on getting, can anyone tell me if I am missing anything

h/u Alpine: cda-9915 with 10 gauge wire to connect to batter with V-drive amp

Scosche wiring harness

Scosche-Double Din adapter

comps: Infinity refernce 6000s 6 1/2s

amp for comps: Us Acoustic usx2050

amp installation kit for amp

subwoofer: re xxx 15

amp:( huge toss up here, jbl 1200.1((ssf with this amp)), maybe an re 35-1 or any other 1200+ watt amp)

amp installation kit: knukonceptz 4 gauge amp isntallation kit

box: custom made 4 cube box at 33 hz

60-100 sq ft of sound deadener

all in a 2002 xterra

if you guys can think of anything else that is essntial please tell me, I have already taked into consideration a new battery and alt, but don't know if I NEED them right now

RE is out of stock with their amps..looks like JBL's going in your trunk.

You WILL need a larger alt for the 1200.1.

And you forgot the music itself. So many times I see people going mad over audio systems, and they forget the most important element, the music itself. Buy yourself some new CD's to compliment your system. :)

Oh, and you don't NEEd scoshe stuff. wire is wire, as anyone here will tell you. I don't know if 100sqFt of damping mats are enough. How much damping do you want in your car?

burtonsnow83
05-19-2003, 12:28 PM
as far as dampening is concerened I am not so much concerned with keeping it all in at the moment as much as I am with stopping any rattling, yeah I heard the re-35-1 was out, I am calling today to see when they will have new ones?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks Paikah:) :) :)

BDIDDY
05-19-2003, 12:37 PM
looks good just get the sub in there first to see what rattles and 100 sq ft. of second skin should be enough. I used 50 in my cutlass and got about 20 sq ft. left. Really nice setup and regular wire from wal mart or lowes will work just to save you some money.

burtonsnow83
05-19-2003, 02:51 PM
am I forgetting anything though??
i.e. fuses etc, smaller items

Mark_ab
05-19-2003, 04:58 PM
You'll need more than a 4awg amplifier kit for two amps. JBL doesn't have an ssf - I'm not sure if your post was saying it doesn't, or does, wasn't that clear. Don't be hasty and buy a new alternator yet. It would be best to see if it is required first. People jump at the chance to recommend a new alternator.

burtonsnow83
05-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the input

I was planning on buying two seperate amp kits for both amps, and in reference to the JBL that was saying I would need a ssf for it

And yeah I am going to try it all out before I go out and get a new alt, thanks.:) :)

My'97Ram
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
you may not need a new alt. try getting it rewound to about 120A, no, mabey 145A... and dont froget the distrobution blocks for the ground and power... and dont get the distro blocks with internal fuses, just go with external fuse holders for how much power youre gonna be pushing

burtonsnow83
05-20-2003, 05:22 PM
what exactly does a distro block do?

paikiah
05-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by burtonsnow83
what exactly does a distro block do?

it does as it's named... it distributes power to your compnents. You could have a fused one(positive) or just a block (for ground).

It will not be very cost-effective and will not be easy to install to have several 8 or 4 gauge power wires out fo your batt terminal. Instead, a thick cable that is capable of delivering all the power requirements for your components will be your main power line that goes to the distro.