PDA

View Full Version : instsall ps2 wierd sounds?

benp639
05-19-2003, 07:28 AM
have a 2000 grand prix and want to mount a screen in the little storage area under the main consol right under the air conditining gauges... want to know if i was to install the ps2 is there any wierd noises people have received from the power converter you need to install??

paikiah
05-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by benp639
have a 2000 grand prix and want to mount a screen in the little storage area under the main consol right under the air conditining gauges... want to know if i was to install the ps2 is there any wierd noises people have received from the power converter you need to install??

It would depend on the install and you will not know until youve tried it. :)

ss3079
05-19-2003, 02:12 PM
In many installs you wont hear noise...but then in just that one or two, you'll get some annoying sounds. Usually its just a case of either 'bad' RCA's or bad RCA connections, etc.

Take your time, dont take any shortcuts...and you should be fine.

- Steve

eengrms
05-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Yeah you cannot ever predict noises. Just make sure you don't cut corners or compromise grounds and you should be fine. If you are looking for a definitive answer before actually buying something you probably won't get it. Every install is different, like snowflakes.

Brock
05-19-2003, 03:38 PM
the only sounds I've encountered from a power inverter is from the fan, nothing really through the actual stereo...and the ps2 makes some annoying noises, but all of them do that...

mgaidica
05-19-2003, 03:45 PM
my ps2 would give a scratchy resolution on my screen, i went to a known shop and they said the encounter that a lot. I just use my ps1 right now... and it works perfect... I think it has to do with the volts of the RCA's or something, not sure though...

paikiah
05-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by mgaidica
my ps2 would give a scratchy resolution on my screen, i went to a known shop and they said the encounter that a lot. I just use my ps1 right now... and it works perfect... I think it has to do with the volts of the RCA's or something, not sure though...

if that's the case, wouldn't using an S-video or RGB cables make it look worhtwhile? I use S-video to play PS2 on my PC monitor at the moment and it's soooo much clearer than regular RCA's.

mgaidica
05-19-2003, 10:00 PM
i went to best buy/abc warehouse/circuit city. tried and returned everything they have to offer. I have Hi-def cords for my HU, i think its just a signal problem..

mgaidica
06-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by shrinkydinx
is the signal from your ps2 split to more than one output monitor?

no..