PDA

View Full Version : smaller boxes in suv's.

sqhertz
05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
so , im going to be running a smaller box for my Q , and im lost on how i should secure it. my current is big enough that its not going anywhere unless i roll my truck , which i wont. i was thinking of throwing a carpeted .5" mdf sheet on the floor and bolting to that but , meh.
how do you got yours secured? pics?
:confused:

PSturmer
05-09-2008, 05:08 PM
they make this white stuff that you can find at like menards that doesnt let stuff slide.

sqhertz
05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
they make this white stuff that you can find at like menards that doesnt let stuff slide.

what white stuff? :confused: menards? :confused:

iDesignBoxes
05-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I always find a threaded rod at Home Depot or Lowes and screw it into the bolt that holds down the spare tire. Put a nut on top of the threaded rod and make sure it is long enough to go into the box (be sure to drill a hole for the threaded rod) and then put a nut onto the threaded rod that is inside the box. Hope that made sense...

IDSkoT
05-09-2008, 10:25 PM
You can either drill through the box and into your frame and bolt it like that, or get L brackets [At Home depot. They're like $2 bucks, if that] and screw them down to anything.

I screwed mine into the metal that holds my rear seats. It hasn't budged an INCH. I'm pretty sure if you pulled on it, it'd pull the car :fyi:

mlstrass
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM
"L" brackets are probably the easiest, use them all the time. And props on being smart enough to bolt your stuff down...

82 cutlass
05-10-2008, 04:39 AM
In suv's i fasten a piece of ply-wood down first then use some brackets to lock down the enclosure . You don't want it sliding around back there .