PDA

View Full Version : uh oh ned help please

devilkarp
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
ok my car when i turn it on its making a loud buzzing noise and a crackling noise behind that and i have ran a ground striaght back from my battery and the rca cables are sitting in my lap and the only way to get rid of the buzing noise is to turn my key counterclockwise so that only the headunit is on but there is still a crackling sound but i have no clue what the problem is can you help me ill be checking this preriodically so just throw up a question if you need to know more to help me

dman4486
05-05-2008, 06:21 PM
ok my car when i turn it on its making a loud buzzing noise and a crackling noise behind that and i have ran a ground striaght back from my battery and the rca cables are sitting in my lap and the only way to get rid of the buzing noise is to turn my key counterclockwise so that only the headunit is on but there is still a crackling sound but i have no clue what the problem is can you help me ill be checking this preriodically so just throw up a question if you need to know more to help me

make a video

devilkarp
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
dont have acces to a carmera you cant tell whats wrong but the info all thats happens is i start my car and the buzzing noise is there and when i rev my engine it gets louder and more high pitched but when i change the volume on my headunit the buzzing doesnt get louder or softer but when i ajust the gain on my amp i can make it louder or softer

dman4486
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
maybe a bad ground

devilkarp
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
i ran a cable back from the battery to connect straight to the amp so it cant be a bad ground but one of my friends mentioned a ground isolater loop he says it might work anyone have experiecne with these or know if they will work for my application?

dman4486
05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
i ran a cable back from the battery to connect straight to the amp so it cant be a bad ground but one of my friends mentioned a ground isolater loop he says it might work anyone have experiecne with these or know if they will work for my application?

that would be in the rca signal....did you try removing the rca's at the amp?

thaster
05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
are you running the power, ground and rca together?

devilkarp
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
what do you mean did i try disconnecting them from the amp i dont understand what you mean but its coming from all of the speakers if i disconnect them individually and i even tryed a different rca cable and yes the power is the firewall and the ground was outside of the car and the rca wasnt anywhere near all of this?