PDA

View Full Version : Head unit that connects digitally to IPOD but allows control from IPOD

luigisdad
05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi:
I'm on a quest to find a head unit with the following:
1. High voltage pre-outs
2. connects digitally to ipod
3. allows control from ipod

Now, the 1st 2 are pretty easy -- pioneer has a bunch of models that do it and so does clarion.

The problem is that I want to control the ipod from the Ipod, not the head unit due to speed, format, etc.

Otherwise, I'm doomed to connecting through the Aux in or the CD Changer controls.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Roy

dman4486
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi:
I'm on a quest to find a head unit with the following:
1. High voltage pre-outs
2. connects digitally to ipod
3. allows control from ipod

Now, the 1st 2 are pretty easy -- pioneer has a bunch of models that do it and so does clarion.

The problem is that I want to control the ipod from the Ipod, not the head unit due to speed, format, etc.

Otherwise, I'm doomed to connecting through the Aux in or the CD Changer controls.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Roy

pioneers allow you to do this.....charging and audio through the same port a dock would use and you control the ipod manually

luigisdad
05-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Thank you for the quick response. Do you know which models? Are you sure?

I specifically contacted pioneer's tech support and they told me that if it connects via the USB port or their propprietary port (depending on the model), you can only control with the head unit.

Specifically, I asked about the DEH-P400UB, DEH-P600UB, DEH-800PRS as well as a couple older models.

Thanks
roy

dman4486
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I am using the deh-p7500mp and have a cable that plugs in ibus....it has the ipod dock, headphone miniplug and 1 pair of rca.....the hu does not control the ipod

CRXBMPN
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
i believe in my 8600 in the FUNCTION control when you have the IPOD hooked up has a "manual" option comes up, where you can control with ipod or the other option may be "automatic? im guessing, if you paypal me $5 I will run out to my car and look haha