PDA

View Full Version : No output from speakers?

Supergumby5000
05-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, i installed a Pioneer Premier DEH-P250 in my sisters car today, and low and behold, no output from the speakers.

Everythings crimped, so i dont think it would be a connection issue. The harness wires are color matched to the speaker wires too.

The HU turns on fine, makes beeping sounds when you push buttons, but nothing happens when i turn the volume up

any ideas?

there was one wire in the harness i didnt use, an orange wire with a white stripe.

Supergumby5000
05-05-2008, 02:51 AM
ttt

one of you night owls has gotta have som einfo for me!

craigzter
05-05-2008, 02:55 AM
well the orange wire is for your illumination...hmmm...the speakers hooked up? :laugh:

nah for real bro..ummm is it a new HU? o.0

Supergumby5000
05-05-2008, 02:57 AM
well the orange wire is for your illumination...hmmm...the speakers hooked up? :laugh:

nah for real bro..ummm is it a new HU? o.0

nope, used. I dont think the internal amp is blown or anything though. :crap:

craigzter
05-05-2008, 02:58 AM
hmm...does it smell like its burnt? I never had any probs with any of my pioneer hu's...but g/l with it man :crap:

Supergumby5000
05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
hmm...does it smell like its burnt? I never had any probs with any of my pioneer hu's...but g/l with it man :crap:

not at all, and neither have i.

I'll start troubleshooting tomorrow i guess, but im not sure what there is to troubleshoot lol. I mean, its 8 speaker wires, power, ground, and ignition. If the unit turns on, that means the power, ground, and ignition is good, doesnt it?

The unit came with two separate XM radio boxes. Those dont need to be hooked up for speaker output though considering they are separate from the speaker wires.

maybe some kind of HU settings? Any older pioneer users wanna chime in?

Proximity
05-05-2008, 03:11 AM
My alpine HU has an option to turn off the internal power supply, maybe check that out along with some of the other settings.

mapolley07
05-05-2008, 03:18 AM
My alpine HU has an option to turn off the internal power supply, maybe check that out along with some of the other settings.

i was just going to suggest that....check the manual, there might be an option to turn the internal amp on and off....it might just be turned off.

don't know what else to tell you, but good luck getting it taken care of