PDA

View Full Version : type r box build

azimuth
05-05-2008, 12:38 AM
built a box for a single 12 type R today. 2.5 cubes tuned to around 34 hz. round ports from pvc. i'm running it on a ppi pc2350 @ 8 ohms. i'll post actually pics tomorrow. here's the design anyway. it's a downfiring config. the subs and the 2 ports are angled at 12 degrees towards the front. crude drawing. the red is the actual enclosure. the rest is just spacing from the floor and a decent base.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/kcdc30/sideviewbox-1.jpg
i'll set the gains and so on tomorrow, but it sounds pretty good at 1/2 gain. any body else seen a downfire at a back or front angle? just curious. could still use input from box gods.

azimuth
05-05-2008, 12:41 AM
i'll probably do a similar design with a better sub later this summer. for now, i'll run my ppi easy at 8 ohms. it puts out around 750-800 watts out at 8 ohms. seems to power this R pretty good. i was previously running 2 R's sealed.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-05-2008, 04:42 AM
I used to have my twelve firing downward kind of like that. If I remember correctly it was the 2nd loudest position I got.

azimuth
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I used to have my twelve firing downward kind of like that. If I remember correctly it was the 2nd loudest position I got.

what was the first loudest? down firing has been the loudest i've heard in my extended cab. that doesn't mean i didn't make a mistake somewhere besides the firing direction on the other designs.