PDA

View Full Version : Just made my first investment into a HU

somekindofhate
05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
So I just ordered a Kenwood KVT-819DVD from Amazon
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2007/113/h113819DVD-f_dgp.jpg

it should be here sometime next week. I'm pretty much liking this HU becuase of the fact that it's got all the bells and whistles @ 5v too.

Anyone have anything they can add about this head unit. I really couldn't find to much with the search feature..

Lastly i'm pretty new at this stuff. I have my eyes set on the big 3 mod, and know from reading here to go with Alpine Type R but can anyone recommend a nice amp and components to go with my new setup? Thanks in advance.

mcsoul
05-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks nice. Here browse the specs and scroll half way down on the left and
download the owners manual. You made an excellent choice.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=168550&i=113819DVD&tp=75

Americanstrat21
05-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Why do you think you are obligated to get a Type R?? They are a nice budget sub but definetely not a HIGH quality sub imo. Seeing that you spent a grand on a HU I am sure that you can get better than an Alpine type R.

Id say 2 Fi Q 12's and 2 Sundown 1000s

:)

somekindofhate
05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Looks nice. Here browse the specs and scroll half way down on the left and
download the owners manual. You made an excellent choice.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=168550&i=113819DVD&tp=75

Hah thanks, I didn't even see that link.. That's pretty cool, I will have to admit reading through a lot of this audio stuff is a bit arkane and over whelming for a noob, but it's pretty cool to know how this stuff works.. Thanks for the help..

As for the budget for the rest of the system, I spent 850$ for that HU not a grand, i'm willing to spend another 2 grand in amps, subs, and components. That's why I figured the Type R would fit in nicely.. I don't want to spend more than 2,500 on the system.. I can always upgrade down the road too. thanks for all the advice.

darkist240sx
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
for another 2-2.5 g's you could do a hell of alot better then a type R. A hell of alot better!

somekindofhate
05-08-2008, 01:08 AM
So I just installed my hu today.. Does anyone notice a lot of tearing/noise in the LCD screen ... would this indicate that something may be damaged?? it's only on solid, deep saturated colors.. It's weird... Needless to say, outside of the 5v pre amp.. I hate flip outs.

SRim23
05-08-2008, 01:12 AM
you spent 850 on an HU you werent in love with? shoulda come here first before buying it.

i bought my eclipse double din from a member on here for 400 bucks! retails for 1900......

start up a thread saying this is my budget, this is what i want. guys will put a sytem together for you much better than type r stuff and for alot less.

2002XLT
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
:laugh: @ spending 2500 for type arghs.

SRim23
05-08-2008, 01:18 AM
:laugh: @ spending 2500 for type arghs.

he didnt say he did, jsut said he had 2500 and was looking for type r's or recommendations.

2002XLT
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
That's why I figured the Type R would fit in nicely.. I don't want to spend more than 2,500 on the system.. .

he didnt say he did, jsut said he had 2500 and was looking for type r's or recommendations.

i know he hasnt bought them, it just made me laugh, i would want like 30 of them for that much money. :laugh:

DBDRAGGUY
05-08-2008, 01:24 AM
you spent 850 on an HU you werent in love with? shoulda come here first before buying it.

i bought my eclipse double din from a member on here for 400 bucks! retails for 1900......

start up a thread saying this is my budget, this is what i want. guys will put a sytem together for you much better than type r stuff and for alot less.

True ****. Paying retail or close is just silly. I would deal with the reputable members here or shop on ebay. Stick around and forget about type r. You cant be a member here unless you have FI chump. Get with the program or be :flamer:

somekindofhate
05-08-2008, 04:23 AM
True ****. Paying retail or close is just silly. I would deal with the reputable members here or shop on ebay. Stick around and forget about type r. You cant be a member here unless you have FI chump. Get with the program or be :flamer:

I might be ignorant but i'd rather be that than a huge wanker!

i'm not scared of your little smiley faces either!!!

PUMP UP YER NADS!

somekindofhate
05-08-2008, 04:33 AM
SRim23 thanks for the info, you've been helpful in this thread.

quest51210
05-08-2008, 05:30 AM
you can add navigation, bluetooth, backup camera, sirius, i have all of them on mine. well, BT is comin next week

MyPoison1
05-08-2008, 12:53 PM
you can add navigation, bluetooth, backup camera, sirius, i have all of them on mine. well, BT is comin next week

my hommie has one and i guess he likes it but thats only because he's a kenwood fiend. he told the he paid $700 but that's only cause he knows where to go, anyway i think you'll like it since you can put this other stuff on and i think you can even hook up live t.v. but you need a satellite which are not the best right now maybe in the future they'll make them compact.

somekindofhate
05-09-2008, 02:59 AM
my hommie has one and i guess he likes it but thats only because he's a kenwood fiend. he told the he paid $700 but that's only cause he knows where to go, anyway i think you'll like it since you can put this other stuff on and i think you can even hook up live t.v. but you need a satellite which are not the best right now maybe in the future they'll make them compact.

Over the air TV is dead.. It's going to be HD in 2009 anyways, so that i'm not really interested in.. I am stuck with this for now.. goodnight

DBDRAGGUY
05-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I might be ignorant but i'd rather be that than a huge wanker!

i'm not scared of your little smiley faces either!!!

PUMP UP YER NADS!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):(:emb::D;):p::cool::rolleye s::mad::eek: