PDA

View Full Version : easy q about crystal xovers

adio
05-04-2008, 06:07 PM
ok, ur no longer an asschew. just look inside please

can u take the cover off of their crossovers (crystal sc66c or whatever) and adjust the tweeter and midbass? i know on some xovers you can attenuate or increase the tweet by 2 or 3dbs

PaulD
05-05-2008, 02:09 PM
if the crossovers are capable of that, there will be little jumpers or perhaps even small switches inside. Otherwise you will be soldering resistors inline with the signal

adio
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
if the crossovers are capable of that, there will be little jumpers or perhaps even small switches inside. Otherwise you will be soldering resistors inline with the signal

me + soldering = :uhoh: i'll try to take apart the crossovers tonight

adio
05-06-2008, 09:47 AM
bump for me answers

adio
05-07-2008, 06:14 PM
ok, nothing on the inside. i don't understand why my mids can't dig low. the HPF filter on my HU is off, the the filter on my amp is switched to full, the HPF and LPF on my amp are turned all the way down.

mlstrass
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe you're expecting too much from them? Doors deadened properly?

I run them in the GF's car and they're pretty solid, but the tweets are rather bright...

adio
05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Maybe you're expecting too much from them? Doors deadened properly?

I run them in the GF's car and they're pretty solid, but the tweets are rather bright...

i took alotta deadning off my doors and there was no audible difference......none. and i should expect alot from them. 200 watts a side from my diamond amp and these are supposedly top notch comps. my stock coaxs went deeper than these and they were 5.25's.