PDA

View Full Version : Speaker question 8(

marlz827
05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I got a new HEad unit and 4 infinty door speakers and it sounds like **** at high volume , My factory 10 watt speakers had better sound lol

Is my problem is not having a amp to push the speakers in my door?

this is my head unit http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P600UB.html

and my speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9271_Infinity+Reference+6022i.html

Any help would be great i was thinking of changing the back 2 speakers with 2 midbass speakers would that be better

fshanda
05-04-2008, 05:15 PM

Yes

grimreper912003
05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
distortion, bad tunning, your music tastes? could be alot of things. most likely distortion. How do ytou like that HU btw.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Could be a multitude of things, and there are tons of things you can do to improve the sound from your speakers. However, for your application and wants, I'd be willing to bet that you just need to play around with your settings on your headunit. More than likely, you're running those speakers full range. Just play around with the equalizer and crossover settings until it sounds good to you.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes

I'd like to hear you try to justify this, because it's dead wrong.

Proximity
05-04-2008, 05:21 PM
You need an amp, it's nothing to do with your HU settings.

I disagree. From that HU you're not going to get clear sound at higher volumes without an amp.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Because too little power blows speakers :rolleyes:

marlz827
05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
So with a amp pushing them it would sound better then what it sounds now? how does that happen explain to a noob please lol

fshanda
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Just my opinion. Dont need to justify any thing to anyone.

Proximity
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Because too little power blows speakers :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with it? He's talking about getting distortion at high volumes of the HU power supply. I'm no expert but I know you're not going to get clear sound at high volumes with those speakers no matter what your HU settings are at.

Any yes, if you got an amp they'd sound much better. The thing is those stock speakers are made to perform at 10 watts, your new ones are made to perform at around 60w. If you were to get something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=489HA1040&tp=115 Your problems would go away.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:35 PM
All misinformed opinions do is confuse people who are trying to learn.

It's like teaching a math class by saying that, in my opinion, 2 + 2 is actually 5, but I don't have to justify it.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:35 PM
What does that have to do with it? He's talking about getting distortion at high volumes of the HU power supply. I'm no expert but I know you're not going to get clear sound at high volumes with those speakers no matter what your HU settings are at.

Any yes, if you got an amp they'd sound much better. The thing is those stock speakers are made to perform at 10 watts, your new ones are made to perform at around 60w. If you were to get something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=489HA1040&tp=115 Your problems would go away.

Take a physics or electronics course and get back to this thread.

andrewmoore13
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
until i got my comp set i had my speakers running off the HU (Premier deh680MP) and they sounded awesome! so no an amp is not going to magically make your problems go away. tune the HU settings... or you could just swing by a local car audio shop and have them tune it up for you.

bass-aholic
05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Head units are not capable of producing good sound quality. You MUST HAVE AN AMP!!!:rolleyes: ::end sarcasm::

You need an amp, it's nothing to do with your HU settings.

I disagree. From that HU you're not going to get clear sound at higher volumes without an amp.

Proximity
05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
until i got my comp set i had my speakers running off the HU

What speakers? Stock?

Of course HUs can produce good sound quality. But on speakers rated at 60rms (or in my case, 90rms) that HU won't drive them with clear sound at high volumes. Stock speakers perform well off the HU because they're built for low wattage, your new ones aren't. Get an amp, and they will sound better.

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Too little power never has and never will hurt a speaker. It won't cause distortion at higher volumes, regardless of the rms power rating of the loudspeaker. All underpowering the speaker will do is prevent it from reaching high volumes.

Proximity
05-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Too little power never has and never will hurt a speaker. It won't cause distortion at higher volumes, regardless of the rms power rating of the loudspeaker. All underpowering the speaker will do is prevent it from reaching high volumes.

Then I'm imagining the fact that when I had my alpine 17Cs running off the HU they sounded **** at HIGH VOLUMES (while they sounded awesome at lower volumes) and when I got an amp for them they sounded amazing at all volumes?

maldecido33
05-04-2008, 06:01 PM
What speakers? Stock?

Of course HUs can produce good sound quality. But on speakers rated at 60rms (or in my case, 90rms) that HU won't drive them with clear sound at high volumes. Stock speakers perform well off the HU because they're built for low wattage, your new ones aren't. Get an amp, and they will sound better.

You're retarded. Back that up with facts, please.

"that HU won't drive them with clear sound"

lol

Proximity
05-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I'm just going on what I've personally experienced. Maybe how I'm describing isn't correct or my reasoning isn't. But I will guarantee you if you get an amp those speakers will sound great.

MyPoison1
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
why would you waste money on speakers rated with twice as much watts as your hu if your not going to match their power is like having speakers rated at 60rms and your hu at -20rms.

Innovative:Cory
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I got a new HEad unit and 4 infinty door speakers and it sounds like **** at high volume , My factory 10 watt speakers had better sound lol

this is my head unit http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P600UB.html

and my speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9271_Infinity+Reference+6022i.html

Any help would be great i was thinking of changing the back 2 speakers with 2 midbass speakers would that be better

What type of vehicle do you have this installed in?

tcguy85
05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
get an amp.

high volume requires high power.