PDA

View Full Version : 05 Chevy Truck - braking / suspension Q's

BreakingBad
05-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, currently have a 2005 chevy trailblazer.

With an 80lb sub + heavy *** box (well over 150 200lbs combined).

After a period of time with the install, i'm thinking the added weight has affected my braking/suspension.

I added the correct amount of air (psi) to my tires to ensure compliance with that, but here are a few questions.

1.) When i brake, i have a LOUD squealing as if i am down to basically nothing on my pads. Pulled both a front and rear tire, pads still have 3/4ths on em.

2.) When i hit a bump, the car seems to move side to side then stabalize, rather than just hitting it and going up and down like normal.

3.) when i hit a bump, depending on the size i hear a loud quick squeak.

4.) being that i'm running a 1.5kw amp on stock alternator, i take it the whiney noise under my hood during idle/acceleration is the alt struggling? wasnt occuring before system install

so the main questions are basically... could the sheer weight of my system in the car be causing my braking and suspension problems? if so, would replacing the pads / shocks do much good ? this car only has 37k miles on it.

im thinking it needs to go in the shop to have the rotors/suspension checked out. is this the best course of action?

mackin
05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
not sure whether the system has any effect, but i would get everything checked out if you're concerned.