PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Fi Q volume ?

sqhertz
05-04-2008, 01:28 PM
so , i want to put my Q in a sealed box to save some space in my truck. Fi says 2 - 2.6 cuft. i know it wont make THAT much of a difference but i still would like some input. now its in the 3.8 @ 30 in my sig.
what should i go for? and i remembered about the 'golden ratio' write up that i seen some time ago on TTB's site so im going to give that a shot too - http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/literature/writeups/the_golden_ratio/index.htm .

:confused:

tez4life
05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Im not sure about the ''golden rule", but when I was considering (4) Q 15s for my Crown Vic a year or so ago, Scott recommended 2.4 for my needs.

Personally, when I get specs like that, I shoot for the largest enclosure I can fit within the specs, to help kick out those low notes.

sqhertz
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
im not too sure about that golden rule either , but im sure it cant hurt anything.

playing around with it , i got 17 x 13.5 x 21.4" = 2.14 cuft. im trying not to go too high above the window line if at all. and ill also have to find a way to secure the box so it doesnt slide around. my current one fills the whole cargo area and does not move at all.

i may just say **** the golden rule and go with my own dimensions , but id like to give it a shot..

sqhertz
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
what a pain in my culo. im just going to use my own dimensions.

does the overall shape effect transient response that much?
anyone care to elaborate on qtc?
:confused: