PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pentium D LGA775 CPU...

mavster
05-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Lmk what you got...

Need one ASAP...

mavster
06-01-2008, 10:29 PM
bump...Keep this thread alive!

garrettpf
06-02-2008, 04:37 AM
ok, this is weird, the thread directly below your has what you want. Do you even look at the threads in here lol

MrDaves CPU F/S (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318723)

95BlackGA
06-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Those are standard Pentium 4's, not Pentium D's.

garrettpf
06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't know, I am an AMD guy. Just trying to help lol

garrettpf
06-02-2008, 10:38 AM
You know, I have been trying to follow the Intel stuff since they have the upper hand on CPU's. But what are they thinking with some of this stuff. You have to really watch what motherboard you are getting in order to make it work with the CPU you want.

Amd only had a couple fubars and that was short lived anyway. I got the Socket AM2 before the plus came out and can put in the Phenom when it gets a bit faster. This replaced a Socket A.

Well, I guess I will never figure Intel out and just stick with the faithful AMD. ;)

tigerf117
06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
You know, I have been trying to follow the Intel stuff since they have the upper hand on CPU's. But what are they thinking with some of this stuff. You have to really watch what motherboard you are getting in order to make it work with the CPU you want.

Amd only had a couple fubars and that was short lived anyway. I got the Socket AM2 before the plus came out and can put in the Phenom when it gets a bit faster. This replaced a Socket A.

Well, I guess I will never figure Intel out and just stick with the faithful AMD. ;)

AMD has been way worse about that. P4 originally debuted on a socket 423 (way back in the day) but was quickly replaced with socket 478. They used 478 for about 5 years until they released LGA775 with the introduction of the Pentium Ds and followed by the core 2 duos. Athlon xps ran on socket A forever, then they came out with socket 754 for the athlon64s. Socket 754 was quickly replaced by socket939. Then that was replaced by AM2, wchih was followed by the backwards compatible AM2+.

AMD was the one who was making it confusing, not Intel.

Scoobydoo
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
not to mention AMDs "+" system that doesn't tell you the actual speed only the reletive speed compared to intel cpus:rolleyes:

op, if you have a s775 why not get a c2d? they kill the pentium d in performance

mavster
06-03-2008, 12:26 AM
not to mention AMDs "+" system that doesn't tell you the actual speed only the reletive speed compared to intel cpus:rolleyes:

op, if you have a s775 why not get a c2d? they kill the pentium d in performance

Because I am using a supermicro server motherboard that only supports up to the pentium Ds.

Don't worry main network server is a core2duo with 4gb of ram.