PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the Kenwood DNX8120 yet

Brassler07
05-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I am thinking that this is the best unit on the market now with the 5v pre-outs, built in Garmin nav, and built in bluetooth. I have been in the market for a new double din for some time now. What other units would you all suggest? What are your thoughts on the Kenwood unit?

m48xhp
05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I am thinking that this is the best unit on the market now with the 5v pre-outs, built in Garmin nav, and built in bluetooth. I have been in the market for a new double din for some time now. What other units would you all suggest? What are your thoughts on the Kenwood unit?
i am also really considering this. i wanted an avic-z for so long, but this thing has too many features. it has the 5v preouts, time alignment, good eq, rds, built in bluetooth, flash (no disc) garmin nav, AND IT IS PRICED LESS!!!!!!!!!!

ive never been a kenwood person, but im about to. i really want to play with one and listen to it, but i cant find a store with it.

i played with a 5120 today and its really nice and has tons of settings and options to play with.

the only negative i can give the two is that the user interface is not as visually pleasing as the avic and eclipse.

if anyone here has one and has some good solid info on it please post it.

bamaboy
05-04-2008, 01:08 AM
we have 2 in the store, 1 is about to be in a car mon or tuesday, its has 3 or 4 different themes you can change, you can also do you own backgrounds etc

loved the 5120 we had, was an excellent unit, 8120 should be even better, love my kenwood flip out i have, never given me any problems

kodak314
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
we have 2 in the store, 1 is about to be in a car mon or tuesday, its has 3 or 4 different themes you can change, you can also do you own backgrounds etc

loved the 5120 we had, was an excellent unit, 8120 should be even better, love my kenwood flip out i have, never given me any problems

do you know if the new units are able to play videos via the usb

flomofo
05-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I just got one in even though I havent figured out a couple of wires so I can install it, but it comes with 2 usb plugs in the back, one you can use for video from an ipod if you buy a 30 dollar adapter or just use it stock and play music from your ipod.

The other usb can accept thumb drives and I believe even laptop drives, but I'm not completely sure how it plays videos off of it yet.

kodak314
05-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I just got one in even though I havent figured out a couple of wires so I can install it, but it comes with 2 usb plugs in the back, one you can use for video from an ipod if you buy a 30 dollar adapter or just use it stock and play music from your ipod.

The other usb can accept thumb drives and I believe even laptop drives, but I'm not completely sure how it plays videos off of it yet.

oh ok, yea i know it can play em thru an ipod. I was just seein if it can play thru the usb. Another member said the new ddx-512's can and was seein if these were the same

mannyahles
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Make sure the unit has been updated 2008. When they first came out their where a few problems that needed fixed.

kodak314
05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
any word yet on bein able to play videos thru the usb